Dumb question #349 - 8th Edition army points

KIRBY

So, what is the going points total for making armies in 8th? 2,000? 1500? 1850? so many options!

I want to point out a force for bringing to the club, and since I hate making lists, I want to create an all-comers list and just do it once.

Thanks in advance for your input.

• Like 2

So, I just noticed that there does not seem to be a Farsight Enclaves specific list in the new edition. I am trying to reconfigure my old Crisis Suit heavy list to meet the requirements for the new rules and it appears that my old form of having Crisis Suits count as troops (rather than elite) is a thing of the past. Am I missing something?

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:25 AM, Purajh said:

Until the new codex for tau comes out we probably won't have that. They also took away taking 1 man crisis suit teams if I recall.

DOH! Looks like I am waiting until the official codex comes out. Oh, GeeDub, you are a bitch goddess that gives with one hand and takes with the other ;-)

On 7/8/2017 at 9:33 AM, Spaceork said:

And there is a detachment for 3-6 elites. Or you can do the T'au Avengers with the 3-5 hq detachment with 5 hq suits.

For this reason, I hope they never go back to doing crisis suits or similar as troops. There are very few units in the game that come across as less "rank and file" than crisis suits. Ever since Eldar jetbikes changed their names to windriders and all of them could take cannons, they've needed to be a fast attack choice. 

And there is no reason to pay the "troop tax" now if you're willing to sacrifice the 2 command points. I like their more direct approach to encouraging combined arms lists: rewarding players for bringing troops, rather than forcing everything into the standard force org.

Everyone play in the sandbox, but you'll get a prize for building a castle.

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:56 AM, DisruptiveConduct said:

no way, kirbs! Get on down to the club and get some games in. All of us are learning the new new so its gonna be good.

That is exactly why I am building this force, but I want to make sure that I am kosher with what the Ordo peeps are doing. I will just cobble together a no-"troop" list with Farsight and his various flyboys -- be patient, my Ordos...

• Like 1