Date: May 24th.

Where: Red Lion Hotel Olympia, WA

Time:

Player Check in 9:00 AM
Round 1 (2h15m) start 10:00
Round 2 (2h15m) start 1:15 PM
Round 3 (2h15m) start 4:00 PM
Awards Ceremony start 06:30 PM

Entry Fee: $20 for day only, $30 for entire weekend. Must be registered for the convention Enfilade Historical Miniature Gaming Convention but no other fee

Can only do day only in person at the registration desk at the convention.

Prizes: Best Axis General, Best Allies General, Best Sport, Best Painted/Presentation, Players Choice Army, Dunkirk, random door prizes

How to Sign Up: Sign up for convention and use the event sign up and email

Additional details: pdxwar@gmail.com   

regards,

SteveM.

Yeah, allied armor is just too awesome. They have awesome air support too. As you may know I love air attacks. Way cool. If I played allied forces (never really have) I'd be thinking uber fast tanks, aircraft and super sneaky sneakiness, like the crazy M10 thing.

I really prefer midwar all the way around, though. So much better. Obviously I play a list that scales exceptionally easily between eras with good old PanzerGrenadiers, so with me its not my list that I end up missing in late war, for they are nigh identical!. What is is for me is the greater miriad of enemies one can end up facing.

Whose got em?

2nd Cav I have used (from Devil's Charge), comes in as Confident Vet for 1,945 points:

2x Chaffee (CO and XO)

5x Chaffee

5x Chaffee

1x Greyhound, 1x mortar jeep, 1x recon jeep (reconaissance platoon...never leave home without 'em)

4x 3" AT guns, 4x bazooka, halftrack mounts (these are towed tank destroyers, you can swap them for tracked TDs)

full rifle platoon

4x PaK 43 (captured guns; only RoF 1, but can fire as artillery, on the off chance you like arty)

Aerial observation post (mainly for Column Security, but occasionally it spots for the PaKs)

Sounds like you need a butt-load of Chaffees, M36 Jacksons, and a P47.  Oh, and the Devil's Charge book.

okay I dont know what a Jackson is.  Nor the P47.  Is p47 a plane?  sounds like one.  I am TRULY uninitiated in the Allied side of things.

But this sounds like fun.  I do like the greyhound.  I am familiar with them.  Saw them played recently.  I have enough PaK43's actually to do that I think.  They are the super big, super long barrelled German guns right?.

okay I dont know what a Jackson is.  Nor the P47.  Is p47 a plane?  sounds like one.  I am TRULY uninitiated in the Allied side of things.

But this sounds like fun.  I do like the greyhound.  I am familiar with them.  Saw them played recently.  I have enough PaK43's actually to do that I think.  They are the super big, super long barrelled German guns right?.

The M36 Jackson is a bigger version of the M10 Wolverine. AT 14 instead of AT 13.  

The P47 Thunderbolt, or 'Jug', was the workhorse fighter plane for the US. Today's A10 Tunderbolt was named after it.

You can get the Chaffee in platoons of 3, 4, or 5.  and you can run either Confident Trained or Confident Veteran.

They are; front armor 4, side 2, top 1, speed 16" like a stuart, but they have the gun of a sherman,  ROF 2, AT 10, FP 3+.  and they still have stablizer.

Start with:

HQ: 2x Chaffee

1:  4x Chaffee

2:  4x Chaffee

3:  4x Chaffee

TD: 4x M36 Jackson with security section

AIR: priority P47, or limited if your squeezing points

Suggested add-in would be Armored Mortars and/or cheap recon.

the CIC and 2ic does not incure the +1 to range in when ranging in for any units from COMBAT or WEAPONS platoons.

Essentially it allows the Company CIC and 2IC to act as normal spotters for such things as

Armored Mortars,

Assault gun m4(105) shermans,

Regimental Gun M3 105 howitzer,

M3 Scotts

That is why American Tankers always take armored mortars. They are the cheapest smoke bombardment and you have 2 possible (non-penalty) observers running around.

hmm.  I see said the blind man.

So in conclusion, Americans win because :  "murica".  Got it.

Well heck man.  That sounds like a load o fun.  If I ever play 'Murica, I'm gonna' probably play something like this.  Even if I get blown off the board (and that may well happen with that kinda armor) it would still be a fun challenge.

Hey if someone owns this army and its painted well enough to compete, I would totally borrow it and play it.  That would be something new and I like a challenge. 

My buddy Josh has tons of stuff.  I bet he probably has this force.  Dunno if it would even be assembled by now (He buys a lot but is a LIIIIIIIITLE behind on his projects).  Worth asking though since I might be seeing him Wednesday.

I looked at my schedule and it looks like I can make this tournament.  I have 2 months to get my Humgarians painted in time.  Gotta put commission work on hold for a little while.

Don't worry Hanaur, I won't be able to get the best General, but if I can paint up these Hungarians the way I want, it's going to be really hard to beat me on best painted.

I looked at my schedule and it looks like I can make this tournament.  I have 2 months to get my Humgarians painted in time.  Gotta put commission work on hold for a little while.

Don't worry Hanaur, I won't be able to get the best General, but if I can paint up these Hungarians the way I want, it's going to be really hard to beat me on best painted.

Dunno bout that. I bet you could win. The points system for flames is really cool.