So Necromunda...

VonVilkee

Hey there gentlemen! With the new edition I've failed my will check and ordered it. I was wondering who all would be interested in participating in a small campaign. Obviously this would be next year prolly late ish, trying to wait for other houses to be available. 

If you haven't noticed there will be actual statistics differences between the houses. Escher has a higher movement, while Goliath has higher strength and toughness. If interested I'm thinking I'll run it and try converting a favorite scenario of mine from back in the day, think king of the hill, meets American ninja warrior... for a final winner takes bragging rights multi player ending. 

I'm in with house goliath always loved these guys, might try and recreate the house of Paris... no one effs with Paris, in his own house!

Sound off with the house you'd be interested in once all the houses we are interested in release we could get started. 

From what I've seen it is a good mix of new 40k and more skirmish scale rules.

There are a few things we will need to decide as a group... 3d terrain vs tiles. Seems like cover will be easier to determine on tiles but we are adults so 3d terrain would be cool. The other legacy gangs are "coming soon" on the website I'll keep checking but they prolly won't be out till after thanksgiving. 

1 hour ago, nathonicus said:

I am not pleased that 3d terrain is an extra rules set costing $30... BOO.

The original necromunda was what 100? And that was like 20 yrs ago,  155 (125 box plus 30 gang war) now with better models and arguably better out of the box terrain for actually playing? I'm not gonna gripe about the gang war split. 

I know the necromunda terrain of old was amazing but there was not enough in a single box to play goliath close combat against van saar all the specials after a few games in campaign. So you were scrounging for more, the tunnel setup of the box with the option to move up hive I find clever and good for the game. 

I looked into it a bit, and apparently this isn't really  Necromunda as I remember it - it's something new. Out of the box it's a board game, with optional rules to expand it to a tabletop game.  Funnily enough, Shadowar Armaggedon is basically old  Necromunda rules (including terrain) but with generic 40k forces and not gangs. So maybe they shot themselves in the foot with an actual Necromunda ReRelease, and had to make something different since they already cannibalized the rules for SWA. Anyway, who knows, maybe it's a better game!

2 hours ago, nathonicus said:

I looked into it a bit, and apparently this isn't really  Necromunda as I remember it - it's something new. Out of the box it's a board game, with optional rules to expand it to a tabletop game.  Funnily enough, Shadowar Armaggedon is basically old  Necromunda rules (including terrain) but with generic 40k forces and not gangs. So maybe they shot themselves in the foot with an actual Necromunda ReRelease, and had to make something different since they already cannibalized the rules for SWA. Anyway, who knows, maybe it's a better game!

that's what I'm hoping! The old necromunda rules actually pretty much sucked, the campaign stuff was awesome but the actual mechanics... not so good. Played swa once and was like oh yeah hate this game...

New pinning? Basically lose half that models activation. You can still shoot back just not aim and shoot,  or move and shoot. Also charging is a double so can't charge from pinned but could stand up and shoot back... this and alternating activations has me excited!

Box and gang war book is 155 so not too bad...

New necromunda is definitely NOT a board game even on tiles it is a table top game. So awesome alternating activations with leaders and champions (think old heavies or experienced gangers) allowing for multiple members in a single activation. Having so much fun so far... Sarah and I are up to 3 model a side skirmishes and have played about 4 games so far. I'm building them as fast as I can while still fitting a few skirmishes in. 

Also legacy/ legendary gangs are available on necromunda.com and orlocks are the next gang set in early 2018

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say, looking at the starter boxes and the upcoming stuff, the models look fine, but really samey.  High quality sculpts, but only like three or four of them mixed together to make ten.  There's a lot less variation there than I would have hoped.  It's not great.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2017 at 11:48 PM, Fix said:

Gotta say, looking at the starter boxes and the upcoming stuff, the models look fine, but really samey.  High quality sculpts, but only like three or four of them mixed together to make ten.  There's a lot less variation there than I would have hoped.  It's not great.

People look the same <shrugs> gangers are kinda like faceless masses now in the rules and we had way less sculpts back in the day. I'm super excited let's you swap equipment in and out really well. The sprues so far have been 5 bodies more hair/ faces that are split than you can shake a stick at and plenty of equipment. Then double it, single sprue sculpt but 2 of them in the box. 

So loving the new necromunda. 

• 3 weeks later...

Necromundia was my go to game in the 90's. Absolutely loved it. Had an Escher, Van Sar, and Delaque gang. Even made a squad of Enforcers. I'm still on the fence about buying this new edition, but I think I will ultimately succumb. The models are fantastic, way more active than the old static figs. Count me in for joining a campaign of some type.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kalahan said:

Necromundia was my go to game in the 90's. Absolutely loved it. Had an Escher, Van Sar, and Delaque gang. Even made a squad of Enforcers. I'm still on the fence about buying this new edition, but I think I will ultimately succumb. The models are fantastic, way more active than the old static figs. Count me in for joining a campaign of some type.

Interested in playing before diving in?

I do! I've obviously got the box Goliaths or Eschers... then the legacy gangs, Delaques, orlocks, or van saar... the last two are a little limited but should work fine. I'd already planned to calculate what kind of starting gangs I could do...

When is a good time for you? Friday evening I've already got a buddy coming over to try his second game... it sometimes plays quick, you two could pair off and we might even get a couple reps in...

6 hours ago, Kalahan said:

I don't think I can make it this week. I had to take my care in to get worked on and am down to sharing a ride with the wife. Maybe in the next week or so.

sounds good let me know. Plan is to get some learning in and run a turf war late this year/ early next year. So far it is Sarah (my wife) and I confirmed. Jacob is very much interested and is basically confirmed but we are looking for a few more. We could start earlier but I figured we would wait till everyone got their official update to the new necromunda. 

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.