Chaos List Tuning

SPaceORK

So I wanted to make a competitive chaos army that featured all the chaos gods and didn't include either primarchs (mostly cause in my experience, they die turn 1 to often). With the new demon codex, a few new tricks got added, mostly deepstriking. I'm thinking something like this could work in a competitive environment.

Battalion Detachment +3CP (Mixed Chaos) 

Daemon Prince of Nurgle - 180pts: Malefic Talons, Wings

Daemon Prince of Chaos -180pts: MoT, Malefic talons, The Impossible Robe, Wings

3x Nurglings - 54pts

3x Nurglings - 54pts

3x Nurglings - 54pts

Patrol Detachment (Chaos - Khorne Daemons) 

Bloodmaster -56pts

30x Bloodletters - 225pts            Daemonic Icon

Battalion Detachment +3CP (CSM Alpha Legion) 

Chaos Lord with Jump Pack - 93pts    Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Mark of Khorne

Daemon Prince with Wings - 180pts Malefic talons, Mark of Slaanesh

32x Slaanesh Chaos Cultists w/Autoguns - 138pts

10x Slaanesh Chaos Cultists - 40pts

10x Slaanesh Chaos Cultists - 40pts

20x Khorne Berzerkers -320pts

3x Obliterators -195pts                        Mark of Slaanesh

3x Obliterators -195pts                        Mark of Slaanesh

Totals 119 PL, 1998pts, 9cp

So the game plan to deploy the nurglings in LoS terrain. Hopefully they either kill some scouts but they are mostly there for being the closest unit when shooting at HQs and maybe grab objectives.

Turn one I'm going to "deepstrike" the bloodletters, oblits, jumpack lord and beszerkers. Move the cultists up, run and advance the khorne herald.

With Banner of Blood and Khorne Chapter tactics the bloodletters get 3d6 and reroll charges. They also have about 90x 6/-3/1 attacks. Depending in what they charged, I can pop the khorne double attack stratgem and really lay into whatever they charge.

The beszerkers are also there do do the same thing on the opposite side. With the alpha legion stratgem I can deploy them 9" away and still act as normal. With their 120 attacks at 5/0/1 they can also tear into just about anything. Especially with a jumpack lord right behind them.

The oblits come down with the slaanesh demon prince behind, pumping out 36 shots, with the double tap stratgem, at a average of 8/-2/2 on any kinda scary thing like a knight.

The demon princes provide some mortal wounds with Smite, utility with other spells/auras and form the second wave of attacks with their 7 malefic talon attacks a piece.

I think the list provides the tools to take on anything. Now I just need to find obliterators since they are sold out all the time.

5 minutes ago, SPaceORK said:

Well poo... I kinda wanted brims. Dunno why I thought they would work. Oh well, adjusted the list and substituted brims for slaanesh cultists, cause I need an excuse to buy more female necromunda models (skyre?). They make the best cultist! 

Eschers. They do make fantastic Culties. The Goliaths are great as Khorne Culties, too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

Dunno why I thought they would work.  

I think it's misleading them being in the CSM book at all, but no reason to feel bad that you were mislead. GW's fault for making the book confusing. 

So last year I was going to attend the OFCC (dunno if that's the correct term for Ordo's tournament) for AoS. Started painting my army, even finished most units. But after some misunderstandings on my part I didn't attend. 

I wanna go this year but on the 40k side. So is this list something I can play there or should I try something softer/harder?

2 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

So last year I was going to attend the OFCC (dunno if that's the correct term for Ordo's tournament) for AoS. Started painting my army, even finished most units. But after some misunderstandings on my part I didn't attend. 

I wanna go this year but on the 40k side. So is this list something I can play there or should I try something softer/harder?

As a former HOG, I'd see this as a tourny list. Has most if not all the tools for tournament play.

4 hours ago, pretre said:

From the HOG?

Honestly don't remember. I did hear Evil Bryan is the HOG for 40k this year. I recall talking to him, but I'm not sure if I got this from talking to him or if we were talking about something else. 

6 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

So I have till August to finish painting then?

Strongly suggest finishing before then. Lots of scrambling at the last minute can really ruin the enjoyment of an event, in my opinion.