2018 OFCC Friday 40K 2v2 Event - K.A.O.

2 hours ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

ah. i see where you are coming from.

Would it change many lists if I clarify army composition as Unbound or Battle-forged? My idea was for people to bring whatever they want including the ability to bring a Detachment and CPs.

Definitely keep it as unbound lol please dear god

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

okay. we will keep it unbound with no CP. ill edit the main post to clarify.

@happycamper thanks for asking! let me know if you have anymore questions.

I would make it unbound but with 3 cp for each player.  That way we can use stragems still but no one is building list around gaining more.  Stratagems are a large part of 8th after all

As we are carpooling and barely finished our actual ofcc prep we do not have space or painting time for big fancy killer things so I planned on using CPs to level the field... you can't fit many into this small a list and even if I was just limited to the main rule book three and maybe a special team event 1cp give your team mate a reroll that would be cool!

2 hours ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

In the interest in allowing maximum flexibility and inclusiveness, every player gets 3 CPs to use on their army only. How's that sound? So even if you built Unbound, you can still use 3 CP. If you built a list to get over 3 CP, you are still stuck with only 3 CP.

I really don't like the idea of unbound armies getting CPs. Some of silly big things using re rolls feels bad.

If you limited the stratagems available you could dial it into a tight little set. The different stratagem thing is actually how the handle expansions this time around. 

Something like the three base rule book ones and a custom one or two would be awesome! Keeps the farming down (not necessarily a great way to use them) but rewards battle forged with some options to interrupt combat order and pass morale... and the odd reroll is awesome.

2 detachment limit on forged as the math for it is one plus points agreed to divided by 1000...

17 minutes ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

ill think it over one more night and post a final version. im leaning towards everyone gets 3 cps and bonus pts for not using them. 

honestly all this analysis is losing the fun. cant ppl just show up and play to have fun? is that really too much to ask?

Never announce when you can surprise.

• Like 2
  • Poop 1

20 minutes ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

ill think it over one more night and post a final version. im leaning towards everyone gets 3 cps and bonus pts for not using them. 

honestly all this analysis is losing the fun. cant ppl just show up and play to have fun? is that really too much to ask?

Following the rules helps with that. You can take unbound any ol time no CPs. Or you can battle forge and get stuff... changing rules and not posting a clear guide is gonna do that. Paint is required and that is time and effort I love writing a list to some requirements to get rules to make the marginally useful better. I'm looking at getting to put heavy bolter centurions, thunder fire,  mortis autocannon and a librarian against imperial knights that's cool but if they get rerolls for those odd saves that make the difference of stats that is just frustrating. 

I want an uphill battle not a gunfight with my knives. My team mate is looking at berserkers cuz we will be pulling from our weekend ofcc lists due to carpooling space considerations. 

My final two cents: I'm as frustrated over the fun as you are cuz unbound want cp! They get big fun toys why should they get anything more?

3 hours ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

Well hello there folks! I signed up for this a couple months ago with a buddy and I’m bringing a bottle of scotch! 🙂 I’m all for no cp’s at all and just roll some dice! That way I can bring something whacky. If folks insist on cp’s then I can change up my list to accommodate. 

Im all for fun and drinking and whoever we are up against bring your shot glasses. 

Cheers

Sam

• Like 2

1 minute ago, splinx said:

Well hello there folks! I signed up for this a couple months ago with a buddy and I’m bringing a bottle of scotch! 🙂 I’m all for no cp’s at all and just roll some dice! That way I can bring something whacky. If folks insist on cp’s then I can change up my list to accommodate. 

Im all for fun and drinking and whoever we are up against bring your shot glasses. 

Cheers

Sam

me and Pumpkinhead have carefully crafted our list and have spent nearly 25 years play testing. 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Which is why I want it down to list... don't want to write one that needs them? Go for it! 

Want to write a list so that a few dudes don't run off by having a couple of CPs awesome!

Just don't hand them out to everyone. We had one of these intended silly type things and there were a couple of lists that were bonkers. Doesn't take much I just want to have a way to stay in there if I hit that guy...

Tbh I prolly won't even use them but the intention from disruptive was to avoid crazy cp shenanigans and stratagem craziness. If that's the goal leave cp generation as written and just limit the stratagems available then let the individual player decide if it's worth it or not. 

Please oh please do not just hand out 3, make a player earn them by force organization. Or ignore them completely.

I know I'm coming off harsher than intended but I value using the rules as much as possible when you "simplify" like this you get unexpected results. 

The intro said bring whatever you want for 8th ed... so I wrote a list to get some cp fully expecting a mix of unbound no cp who knows silly (stompa) and small little built armies to get a few cp. Add they (cp) were army specific no body can get too many... then I saw that the who cares big things might just get 3cp while my carefully crafted (read what I already have cut down) 1000 pts gets rules taken away in the name of fun? 

This ends up feeling like the forge world debate of old all over again... why take away just to give to some one else?

• Like 3