Kill Team....IN SPACE!

InfestedKerrigan

17 minutes ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Am I the only one that noticed that Aximillion doesn't have a weapon profile? He's got a WS and attacks profile, but it doesn't say what he's swinging with. I mean, I imagine it's probably just something like strength user 0 AP damage 1, but still, would be nice to know.

Yep. It's somewhere in the core rules that if a Model doesn't have a melee weapon listed, they fight at S:User, AP-, D1.

Attention, Guardsmen!

In the following days, you will be offered work with a Rogue Trader in accordance with their Warrant of Trade.

While the work of Rogue Traders is essential, and they should be afforded almost as much respect as your officers, you must first remember your duties to the Astra Militarum. Rogue Traders will often try and tempt Guardsmen into their household staff, using half-truths and propaganda to entice you into their service.

Used as you are to the stalwart, unflinching honesty of the Departmento Munitorum, this may come as a shock and so, in this one instance, you are permitted to experience doubt and employ critical thinking.

To assist you in making your decision, we have produced this pamphlet, designed to offer an unbiased, objective view on the scurrilous lies pedalled by these shiftless privateers.

Rogue Traders – THE TRUTH!

Produced by the Departmento Objectivia

In association with the Departmento Munitorum

RegStd-Sep12-Working for Rogue Traders – Myths Dispelled - 1

To the inexperienced Guardsman, life aboard the ship of a Rogue Trader can feel safer than open combat. Nothing could be further than the truth! While Imperial star-vessels are nigh indestructible, certain luxuries afforded to troops on the ground – like artillery support, the use of Chimera transports and the ability to fully unfurl and wave inspiring banners – are nonexistent within the constant confines of a privateer vessel.

RegStd-Sep12-Working for Rogue Traders – Myths Dispelled - 2

This is only a half-truth. As a member of the Astra Militarum, your diet is carefully designed to keep you functioning at peak efficiency, providing you with necessary nutrients to hone yourself into a living weapon without distractions like taste or texture.

Commissars and other higher ranking soldiers have been specially trained to process luxurious foodstuffs through exacting training regimens at the Schola Progenium. To the untrained palette – i.e. yours – such meals would prove devastating and would only serve to weaken your resolve and distract you from your duty.

RegStd-Sep12-Working for Rogue Traders – Myths Dispelled - 3

This is another false truth that, upon careful logical examination, collapses. The lasgun may not possess the flash of a rotor cannon or artificer-wrought shotgun but, in terms of aggregate kill count, is far superior to both.

Likewise, your flak armour is just as resilient as the bronzed breastplate of a Voidsman, with the added benefit that most bloodstains will soak inconspicuously into the fabric, thus avoiding any undue distress to your fellows.

RegStd-Sep12-Working for Rogue Traders – Myths Dispelled - 4

Voidsmen serving with Rogue Traders are allowed undisciplined, wild lives in which they are allowed unscheduled periods of shore leave, the setting of their own sleep times, and permission to speak to their commanding officers without having first sought written authorisation.

Such hedonism can only lead to heresy, poor discipline, and untimely death.

Choose Wisely

We hope this encourages you to make an informed decision, Guardsman.

++ Thought for the Day: “Analysis is the bane of conviction.” ++

2 hours ago, WestRider said:

Voidsmen serving with Rogue Traders are allowed undisciplined, wild lives in which they are allowed unscheduled periods of shore leave, the setting of their own sleep times, and permission to speak to their commanding officers without having first sought written authorisation.

Not on this man’s ship! By the Throne, if I find out that any of my ordinary voidsmen are behaving in such a debauched manner, they’ll taste the bo’sun’s cat! 

“Unscheduled shore leave”!? That’s desertion, man. “Setting your own sleep schedule”?! Balderdash! You man your post and you lay out on your assigned rack when the ship’s master or his mates tell you to! Absence from duty stations is theft of the captain’s time! Theft of the captain’s time is theft of the resources entrusted to him by the beneficent God-Emperor! There can be no greater crime than to steal from the God-Emperor. You’ll dance a jig with the void a’fore the nearest airlock, you will! 

By the Throne, have standards fallen so far in the Imperial Guard that this... this... drivel is considered acceptable! DRIVEL! 

Bos’un, fetch the Master-at-Arms! Have him form press gangs to recruit this colonel’s men into our deck and gunnery crews. Navigator! Begin plotting a course to the Ork-infested nebula of Waagh! Toofbeard. Steersman! When the Navigator gives you a heading, take us away as soon as the press gangs are back... We’ll need three months to reach the nebulae. By that time I’ll have this colonel and his so-called soldiers retrained into proper servants of the Emperor! 

Even if I have to flog each one of them m’self.

• Like 4

Huh. I thought I’d seen someone on Natkfa’s site quoting something more official... I was wrong, the only source does seem to be “some guy on Dakka.”

I still think it’s probably inevitable that we’ll see an Inquisition release, sooner or later, if the game maintains its popularity.

I usually take everything I read there with a grain* of salt. But it’s a useful aggregator of links to new Kickstarters, third-party product reviews, and so forth... I simply misremembered what I had read there about this.

* And by “grain” I mean “planet-killing asteroid sized rock.”

• Like 2

Behold! The only living doggo in the Imperium of Man that is not a wolf! May the God-Emperor smile upon him as he bork borks at the xenos, nom noms on the mutant, and grr-arrghs on the heretic. 

They shall be my finest doggos, these puppers who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be hekken hueg and have mighty borks. For great walkies shall I lead them and with the mightiest teefs will they be armed. They will be untouched by fleas or worms, no  mange will blight them. They will have squeakies, chewies, and nom-noms so that no foe can bribe them. They are my bulwark against the Squirrel. They are the Defenders of the Lawn. They are my Space Woofs and they shall be Good Boys.

• Like 4