WoW Escalation League list ideas: 4th List

Lyraeus

3 hours ago, paxmiles said:

BTW, waiting on @Lyraeus to post his third list....

Psshhhh I even make said list and get no response... Here I will even quote it for you 😜

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Orks) [37 PL, 749pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Clan Kultur: Deathskulls

+ HQ +

Big Mek (Index): Big Choppa, Kustom Force Field

Warboss: Da Killa Klaw, Kombi-Rokkit, Power Klaw

+ Troops +

Boyz: Tankbusta Bombs
. Boss Nob: Choppa, Power Klaw
. Ork Boy W/ 'Eavy Weapon: Rokkit Launcha
. 11x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

Gretchin: 10x Gretchin

+ Elites +

Meganobz
. Boss Meganob w/ Saws: Killsaws (Pair)
. Meganob w/ Saws: Killsaws (Pair)

Nob with Waaagh! Banner: Kustom Shoota, Power Klaw

+ Fast Attack +

Shokkjump Dragstas
. Shokkjump Dragstas: Rokkit Launcha

+ Dedicated Transport +

Trukk: Big Shoota

++ Total: [37 PL, 749pts] ++

Thinking about it... I could fit 2 Kustom Mega Kannons in place of the Dragsta... Hmmm. 

3 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

Psshhhh I even make said list and get no response... Here I will even quote it for you 😜

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Orks) [37 PL, 749pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Clan Kultur: Deathskulls

+ HQ +

Big Mek (Index): Big Choppa, Kustom Force Field

Warboss: Da Killa Klaw, Kombi-Rokkit, Power Klaw

+ Troops +

Boyz: Tankbusta Bombs
. Boss Nob: Choppa, Power Klaw
. Ork Boy W/ 'Eavy Weapon: Rokkit Launcha
. 11x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa

+ Elites +

Meganobz
. Boss Meganob w/ Saws: Killsaws (Pair)

Nob with Waaagh! Banner: Kustom Shoota, Power Klaw

+ Fast Attack +

Shokkjump Dragstas
. Shokkjump Dragstas: Rokkit Launcha

+ Dedicated Transport +

Trukk: Big Shoota

++ Total: [37 PL, 749pts] ++ 

I think I like it. A good mix of durable and non-durable units, Leadership issues resolved, and a good number of strong weapons. The mono-faction does seem to make more sense at this point level. 

4 hours ago, paxmiles said:

I think I like it. A good mix of durable and non-durable units, Leadership issues resolved, and a good number of strong weapons. The mono-faction does seem to make more sense at this point level. 

Yea it's a fun list. The next list is similar but inherent to the kultur it is in. If I had a Dakka Jet I would add that in but ehhh (for list 4)

2 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

@Ish any thoughts before I move to list 4?

Yes. You should take the cheapest Warlord you possibly can and then spend the remainder of your 750 on nothing but Grots. Then have them stand 15" away from my Intercessors.

That will be the absolute best way to play the game. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Ish said:

Yes. You should take the cheapest Warlord you possibly can and then spend the remainder of your 750 on nothing but Grots. Then have them stand 15" away from my Intercessors.

That will be the absolute best way to play the game. 

Funny thing... They still get dakka dakka dakka... So every hit of a 6 is a extra hit... Besides, I don't have that many grots... At 3pts per... Yea, that's a frak ton of grots. Easily 200 models of infantry that are T2 guardsman (but with Las pistols) 

So yea... Hitting on 4+ wounding on 5+, do you think you can survive that for long? Even with my attrition, I would take a Warboss so I could just knock heads together and avoid a majority of moral issues. Pretty sure even 100 attacks will kill a squad of yours... 

I also don't own that many grots so... No

I did the math... I need 8 troop slots for 220 grots at 660 pts and a 90 point Warboss with Da Killa Klaw and a Kombi Rokkit. 750 even. 

Just now, Ish said:

That's why they have to remain 15" away from my lines. So I can use Rapidfire and you can't.

Hahaha but that's no fun. Even grots don't deserve that sort of abuse. 

Why dont I just max out Shoota Bots and stay at 24". I always get 2 shots and extra attacks on a 6. I could easily fit 90 Shoota Boys in a 750 List... They are only 7pts a pop. Still leaves 120 pts for some HQ's or Big Shootas. 

I will make them Bad Moons too so they reroll 1's just for you. 

Fourth List 

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Orks) ++

Clan Kultur: Bad Moons

+ HQ +

Big Mek (Index): Choppa, Kustom Force Field

Warboss: Da Killa Klaw, Kombi-Rokkit, Kunnin but Brutal, Power Klaw, Warlord

+ Troops +

Boyz: 3x Tankbusta Bombs
. Ork Boy W/ 'Eavy Weapon: Big Shoota
. 27x Ork Boy W/ Shoota

+ Heavy Support +

Lootas: 15x Loota

Mek Gunz
. Gun: Traktor Kannon

++ Total: [37 PL, 750pts] ++

This is a pretty vicious list. While not having a good amount of CP it can easily just nuke somethings in a single turn and make life hell for people. 

Thoughts? 

First post is updated. 

This is a fun list. Next list.. Not so nice to my opponent 

6 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

Fourth List 

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Orks) ++

Clan Kultur: Bad Moons

+ HQ +

Big Mek (Index): Choppa, Kustom Force Field

Warboss: Da Killa Klaw, Kombi-Rokkit, Kunnin but Brutal, Power Klaw, Warlord

+ Troops +

Boyz: 3x Tankbusta Bombs
. 27x Ork Boy W/ Shoota

+ Heavy Support +

Lootas: 15x Loota

Mek Gunz
. Gun: Traktor Kannon

++ Total: [37 PL, 750pts] ++

This is a pretty vicious list. While not having a good amount of CP it can easily just nuke somethings in a single turn and make life hell for people. 

Thoughts? 

First post is updated. 

This is a fun list. Next list.. Not so nice to my opponent 

List seems light in armor piercing weapons. You've got volume fire, but that's it at range.

Not sure what the kultur or lootas do, but seems like cover would be particularly annoying for this list. Marines with 2+ armor due to cover would be tough to cope with and, more so, vehicles with T7+ and 2+ armor due to cover.

1 hour ago, paxmiles said:

List seems light in armor piercing weapons. You've got volume fire, but that's it at range.

Not sure what the kultur or lootas do, but seems like cover would be particularly annoying for this list. Marines with 2+ armor due to cover would be tough to cope with and, more so, vehicles with T7+ and 2+ armor due to cover.

Bad Moons is just reroll 1's in the shooting phase. 

Lootas are D3 shots, S7 AP-1 Dmg2. They are the current stars of the codex. Especially since the More Dakka Strat let's them hit regardless of modifiers on a 5+ and they generate extra shots on a 5+, Bad Moons also have a strat called Showing Off which let's a unit immediately shoot again (More Dakka lasts the entire shooting phase so one would get it for both attacks) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

They are considered the most dangerous thing in the codex. Especially since they can use grots as shields

How do the grots become shields in this edition?

Did they lose the ability to remove minefields?

45 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

There's a Stratagem that lets you pawn off successful Wounds on a nearby Grot Unit on a 2+. I don't even recall having seen rules for minefields in 8th, let alone anything about Grots removing them.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Grot Shields is a 1 pt stratagem where I can declare it after you declare your attack to a target. I don't have to pick a specific group of grots for this just a infantry unit you are attacking and the grots are between you and the shooting. 

As @WestRider stated, on a 2+ the grots take a Mortal wound per hit. This lasts your entire shooting phase 

42 minutes ago, WestRider said:

There's a Stratagem that lets you pawn off successful Wounds on a nearby Grot Unit on a 2+. I don't even recall having seen rules for minefields in 8th, let alone anything about Grots removing them.

Minefields thing is a reference to their rules in 3rd. Maybe I should have added a winking smilely face. I was pretty sure the minefields bit was gone in the current codex.

36 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Grot Shields is a 1 pt stratagem where I can declare it after you declare your attack to a target. I don't have to pick a specific group of grots for this just a infantry unit you are attacking and the grots are between you and the shooting. 

As @WestRider stated, on a 2+ the grots take a Mortal wound per hit. This lasts your entire shooting phase 

Are the grots themselves particularly durable in this edition? Seems like those would get killed first, then the orks behind them. Or you'd just ignore the unit targeted with the rest of your shooting, and instead focus on another target.

Side question, would firewarriors beat grots in melee? Not sure what the grot statline is like these days, but I recall them being particularly weak, though not sure if they are as weak as the TAU....

3 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Side question, would firewarriors beat grots in melee? Not sure what the grot statline is like these days, but I recall them being particularly weak, though not sure if they are as weak as the TAU....

Grots are T2 WS 5+ S2 I believe... So... Likely grots lose BADLY