2000 points of Sisters for Mugu Games tomorrow

Frowbakk

After working between Xmas and New Years I finally got a chance to line up models so I can put an army on the field January 6th at Mugu Games in Everett using the Beta Sisters codex rules.

I'm still digging for 12 more slottabases so all the unpainted Sisters can fill in as TROOP choices.

Bloody Rose Battalion (+1 S, +1 A if initating combat), +12 CP

45 HQ Canoness, Brazier (Units <6" Deny the Witch on 2d6) WARLORD: Indomitable Belief (<6" Sisters models have a 5++ Shield of Faith save)

35 HO Missionary

160 HQ Celestine

270 TROOP 6x 5 Sisters with Bolters

146 ELITE 10 Celestians w/2 Melta, CombiFlamer

146 ELITE 10 Celestians w/2 Melta, CombiFlamer

132 ELITE 10 Celestians, Melta, Flamer, StormBolter

110 FAST 10 Dominions, 5 StormBolters

132 FAST 10 Dominions, Melta, Flamer, 3 StormBolters

108 FAST 8 Seraphim, 2 Inferno Pistols, 2 Hand Flamers

125 HVY Exorcist

125 HVY Exorcist

125 HVY Exorcist

Bloody Rose Battalion (+1 S, +1 A if initiating combat), +5 CP

49 HQ Canoness w/ Blade of Admonition (-1CP)

35 HQ Missionary

135 TROOP 3x 5 Sisters with Bolters

Ebon Chalice Vanguard (+1 to Act of Faith Rolls) +1 CP

45 HQ Canoness

30 ELITE Dialogus (+1 Ld, Re-roll Acts of Faith)

25 ELITE Priest

25 ELITE Priest

20 CP and 13 Faith to splash around to lots of units getting a 4++ from the Warlord and Celestine force dome. Plenty of targets to get a (hopefully) useful Stratagem, or a combination of Stratagems (like the odd duck Dominion squad to try and layer Blessed Bolts, Holy Trinity and either Suffer Not the Witch or Faith and Fury in oder to re-roll to wound rolls on top of everything else.)

I could still swap in another 10 Dominions with 5 Storm Bolters for the Seraphim squad, but I think the Burning Descent will help to clear out a path for Celestians to charge through in turn 2. If someone has contrary experience, speak up because I'd like to hear it before I start to climb Mt. Learning Curve with this list.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I don't have that many models with StormBolters on 'em. Otherwise, they'd be there. After I see how this performs, back to the Bitz box for even more StormBolters.

I also swapped things around so that the Celestians all use the 136 point loadout of Melta, Flamer and Stormbolter and Power Sword for the Superior and the Dominions use the 126 point loadout of Melta, Flamer and three StormBolters. Basically because if I want Blessed Bolts I'll also want the +1 to wound from Holy Trinity to go with it. plus it spreads out the Melta to finish off whatever the Exorcists knock most of the way down.

Plus I spent last night watching the Seahawks vs. Cowboys also mutilating Xmas cookie tin lids to be unit transport trays. I left one alone because at the size if I put all my aura-ability characters (stuck on magnetized bases) in the middle and one model from another unit is on the same tray then its' unit benefits from the buffs.

Gotta love the difference in wording between "the Unit has a model within" and  "models wholly within", don't'cha?

• Like 3

Love the Celestian spam. Them with Bloody Rose are definitely the best all-rounders in the codex. As for Dominions vs Seraphim, I'm not sure whether your recent tourney games informed that decision, but I would stick with the Seraphim. Since you aren't running transports, I think it's pretty critical that you be able to respond quickly to an opponent's deep strike or punch a hole where you need it. Did Burning Descent do much work? IMO it's most useful for double-firing with bolt pistols, since you can't really hope to wound until subsequent turns when you can get close enough for Holy Trinity.