Fluff for Escalation League?

Tamwulf

In writing the fluff piece for my detachment of Ultramarines, I couldn't find any fluff about where we are fighting. Planet? Space Hulk? Somewhere in the warp? What are we fighting about? Territory? Some rare, lost forbidden tech? The future? Just because it looked like a good fight? 

Found it kinda hard to write fluff with no background material. I mean, even the name is kinda... meh? If that's the intention, just a framework to play a bunch of games over the next several weeks, then OK. Just realize for the sportsmanship part about writing fluff for the army it will be difficult and limited to just a battle description, with little to no character development and very much episodic writing with nothing to connect each game to another one. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

Let's make something up! I want to do some now due to you. Besides it will help me think more orky

Let's brainstorm! 

So far there are Blood Angels, Orks, Tau, Admech, Deathwatch, Ultramarines, Imperial Guard, Crimson Fist, a second Tau player, am I missing anyone? 

Looks like the tau were trying to bring the greater good to the area and the entire imperium decided to say no. Then some orks noticed....

Personally, I'm a fan of the god-like energy beast from star trek that pulls us to a mysterious planet to fight for it's own amusement. And we're not like those federation, we have no qualms with fighting...

2 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Personally, I'm a fan of the god-like energy beast from star trek that pulls us to a mysterious planet to fight for it's own amusement. And we're not like those federation, we have no qualms with fighting...

Na, youz blue boyz hab that greter gud and wez orks just want to duff you. 

4 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Na, youz blue boyz hab that greter gud and wez orks just want to duff you. 

Diplomacy with fungi? You are a walking infestation of mushrooms. For the greater good, we'll cook your dead to provide sustanence to the vegans within our force and we'll recycle your vehicles.

You asked, you shall receive. Elaborating on Weav's post on the original Winter Warzone thread:

"Hello, Generals...facts are, this planet is going to hell and we're the solution. It's cold, soldiers are dying, and did you hear? Them damn bugs just landed in the south. Add to that those damn robots with their gauss weapons searing men to death. Plus those damn Orks appear to be here in force...things are tough. But who's tougher than us? NO ONE.

We've been sent here in advance to recon this frozen wasteland of a planet that has emerged directly from the warp. No one is sure how an entire planet can be brought from the warp to reality, but it has the deepest librarians concerned! This tainted planet doesn't show the usual signs of decay and rot you would expect from the mark of Chaos. Instead it's as if a bone chilling winter has frozen the effects. Time will tell what horrors this planet will reveal. There can only be victory, but in order to do so, many must lose."

• Like 2