AM list for tournament.

spacewolved

So I want to try my hand at a tournament list that does not include a deathstar of some sort. So here is what I'm thinking at 1850pts.

Yarrick -145

Primaris psyker w/ lvl 2- 75

Priest w/ pg- 40

Priest w/ pg- 40

PCS w/ medic,vox, h flamer, flamer- 65

Inf Sqd w/ pw,pg,lc,vox-105

PCS w/ medic,vox, h flamer, flamer- 65

Hydra- 70

Hydra- 70

Vanquisher w/las -145

Aegis w/ quadgun- 100

Coteaz- 100

6xHenchman w/ 3x pg -44

6xHenchman w/ 3x pg -44

6xHenchman w/ 3x pg -44

1827pts

Yarrick, a priest, and a psyker goes in one blob. Coteaz, a priest, a psyker goes in the other. With 8 rolls on the divination chart I can hope for one 4++ power to show up and let one of the blobs push midfield. Almost every unit will be twin linked. I feel like I should be scared of av14 but my meta is filled with Eldar, Tau and demons so I should be ok.

Well, I looked at my first list and noticed a lack of antitank. I don't really like auto cannons so las cannons it is. Plus everything being twin linked is nice. Also sniping out a opposing melta or sarge turn one with "take aim" order is nice. 6x twin linked las cannons shot with precision shot on a 4+? Yes please.

Well, I looked at my first list and noticed a lack of antitank. I don't really like auto cannons so las cannons it is. Plus everything being twin linked is nice. Also sniping out a opposing melta or sarge turn one with "take aim" order is nice. 6x twin linked las cannons shot with precision shot on a 4+? Yes please.

4+?

I know about the "interpretation" that all of the hits with that order are precision, and the more likely one that it's on 6's... Where's 4+ coming from?

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Rai is clear 6+ for precision, and can't be snap fire meaning, moving hw teams don't count hits of 6 as precision. Arguably raw favors 6s over all hits.

Er, no, I would say that if a piece of gear had a rule that said "This model gains the Cover Save special rule" it would be an equivalent situation. "Rules" and "special rules" aren't the same thing.

The issue is that people are trying to argue it as a RAW thing, that it MUST mean all shots are allocatable. RAW it means nothing- a degree of interpretation has to be used in understanding what the rule means. If we are doing that anyways, I don't think it's unfair to take into consideration the actual game effect and its power level- I'm pretty sure I had more or less this exact same conversation with you regarding the Necron Death Ray back when it came out, and I think we both know how that ended up. "I can allocate every single shot from my squad" is simply too powerful an effect to mindlessly assume that's what GW meant when there are other valid interpretations for the rule.

OK, I see what you are saying now that I look at it again.  

Regardless, I plan on playing it like 6s are Precision Shots and the Emperor's Benediction Heirloom of Conquest (which I will never buy, because...why get it?) as all hits count as Precision Shots.  I think that is the clear RAI, and, as you say and I see now, the RAW is stupidly muddy.  

DAMMIT GW, get your [big bad swear word] together!  

• Like 1