Terraforming Mars 5/28?

Damn, I was really excited to jump in on this game with you all. I LOVE Terraforming Mars. But a 6:30 start time is gonna be late for me this evening. I have to get up at 4:00 am to make a journey to the Kitsap Peninsula the next morning, so the smart thing for me to do would be to go home early for a change. @Khail thanks for including me in the game, but I have to bow out. Maybe another time.

6 minutes ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

curious to know what expansions you guys are using?

ive played with all of em and wanted to know others impressions.

Probably just Prelude - it is by far my favorite.  The alternate maps are also good but we'll stick to the main one with a new player.

I own colonies but haven't tried it yet.  Venus just seem to bog the game way down.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kalahanarama said:

Damn, I was really excited to jump in on this game with you all. I LOVE Terraforming Mars. But a 6:30 start time is gonna be late for me this evening. I have to get up at 4:00 am to make a journey to the Kitsap Peninsula the next morning, so the smart thing for me to do would be to go home early for a change. @Khail thanks for including me in the game, but I have to bow out. Maybe another time.

Bummer!  I remembered you usually had an early wake up call so I figured I'd make sure.  Another time man!

• Like 1

@DisruptiveConduct I have played three of the expansions so far.

Hellas &Elysium: Love the different Milestones and Awards. Fun variety to the game with new maps.

Venus Next: It was OK. I felt it kind of bogged the game down. I haven't played with it since.

Prelude: A MUST expansion. It really gives the game a kickstart and I think it only enhances the base game. I would never want to play TR now without Prelude included.

• Like 1

Right on. We played with Prelude a few times and found that it sped the game up a little too much for our liking. Games that used to end in Generation 14-17 ended on Generation 10-13

Venus is good if you use random Milestones and Awards. Someone ordered cardboard chits for all of them so we can randomize them every game.

Colonies I played twice and found them slightly useful like when you really, really need a titanium and cannot pull the cards to up your production.

The alternative maps are choice. love the new dynamics they add to the board.

********SHAMLESS PLUG FOR OFCC********

Our very own, @Blustorm will be hosting a Mars tourney at OFCC this year. Check it out here!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, JMGraham said:

Sorry you won’t be able to make it Bobby. I was looking forward to seeing you!

the only expansion I’ve played with is Prelude. I share Bobby's sentiment. It’s wonderful!

Same here, Jim! It's been a while since I have been able to to find time to come in Tuesday night. I only have a few more weeks before I won't be able to do that anymore.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.