ITS Season XI

dataentity

Season XI just dropped.

Army updated with new USAriadna. Changes are about as expected.

TAGs, in addition to that Fatality L1 also get Tactical Awareness. It's, unfortunately, changed some prices (Anaconda is now even more expensive 🤣)

Other extras (Bravery, Long Service, Landing Assistance) still there.

RIP in peace, Xenotech, you will not be missed.

Xenotech replaced by an O-12 Liason which is a forward observer model in non-marker state and is a non-rem. If they survive to the end of the game, you get +1 OP.

I must say, this is a massive F-U to Spiral whose only forward observer is a TO infiltrator model.

Also it makes total sense why the Combined Army has an O-12 Liason. Or even Tohaa.

New ITS extra is Tactical Window. You cap out at 15 orders. Interesting choice, but okay.

In terms of missions, only 1 change. RIP Deadly Dance, hello Countermeasures.

Oh, apparently Doctor Worm is cheaper. He has a 22 point journalist profile with SMG instead of Combi. Still a doc-eng.

I'm not a fan of this "Concilium Watch" BS. It basically gives O-12 a free pass to do whatever they want, but severely hamstrings a lot of factions/units. USARF relies heavily on both shotguns and flamethrowers, and Bolts will have all of two profiles that aren't breaking the rules. I get what they were trying to do, and I like it, flavor-wise, but I think that it's going to negatively impact some armies more than others. And I'm definitely not fond of the favored treatment it gives the new shiny army. 

On the other hand, I dig what they did with USARF. Makes me actually interested in playing them. It would have been nice if Marauders had gotten a little something-something, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

• Like 1

Oh wow, I missed the Concilium watch. That's... a super derpy rule. And if they are going to use fluff as an excuse that O-12 get a pass because they are O-12, then, honestly, why would it work on the Combined Army or Tohaa?

They actually got rid of several missions. Comms Center, Deadly Dance, Engineering Deck, Frostbyte, The Grid, Rescue, and Tic-Tac-Toe.

• Like 1

The rule change with larger game play and tournament consequences are the civvie changes:

EFFECTS

»A Civilian is a game element with a Troop Profile that does not belong to the Army List of any player.

» Therefore, Civilians cannot be part of any Combat Group and don’t provide Orders to an Order Reserve.

»Civilians are considered Neutral, unless some rule, Special Skill or piece of Equipment states the contrary.

»Civilians don’t block LoF.

»Civilians ignore the Effects and Damage they could suffer, being from an Attack or any other source (As Falling Damage, for example). Therefore, they lack the ARM, BTS, and Wounds Attributes.

»Some Scenario Special Rules or mission Objectives can modify this rule.

»Civilians cannot activate Deployable weapons or pieces of Equipment.

»Synchronized Civilians do not generate AROs.

» Templates that affect a Civilian are not considered null, but will have no effect on the Civilian  (emphasis mine)

• Like 1

Huge point there, Pete. No more hiding behind civvies. Also, I think tactical awareness is going to be helpful for TAGs, even with the point increase. 4 points isn't all that much, really, for an extra order to play with. Having that one last order to get out of LOS or drop into suppressive fire could save a lot of TAGs from the scrap heap. Also, it applies to fireteam leaders, so duo links (like Geckos, or Anacondas in StarCo) can use it without breaking the link.

• Like 1