It's Official - 40k 7th Ed. is here ~ May 25

Raak

So I wasn't going to repeat the rumors on BOLS but today GW officially took the 6th ed codex off the website.

*****7th is coming***** May 25thish by the look of it. <crosses fingers> please make assault relevant and don't fuC< with Daemons, please make assault relevant and don't fuC< with Daemons, please make assault relevant and don't fuC< with Daemons.

That is all.

rant lite:

GW broke the back of their cash cow by pushing the money button too often and not the quality button enough.  Now they want their customers to bail them out by buying yet another book, which has no indication of being any better written than the previous book.  GW isn't giving their customers any sort of help on this, from all sources it will be the release of the phone book followed months later by the starter set with mini rules book.  GW has had no communication with the community at large, again giving no indication that anything that is wrong with the current edition is being addressed, sorry, I'm with Hobbitron on this one.

• Like 1

Rumors they might roll Escalation into the BRB aside, it's really the money factor. I don't even care too much if it's better/worse than it is now. The problem is we didn't even get 2 years in with 6th. If the game is shifting to 2 years between books/codexes, and updated/new models each time? The game gets too rich for my blood. Not playing regularly has made me fall pretty far behind in keeping up to date with what I'll expect to see on the other side of the table. My games will be slower because I'm lost and trying to fight my way uphill the knowledge slope. If I have that same problem with the BRB....

• Like 1

Just read that current rules would be usable with "Revised 6th Edition" via FAQ. If that's the case then I'm pretty chill. GW still looks like a money whoring beast, but at least I don't have to pay in to it. Only issue then would be rolling in escalation/stronghold assault into the main BRB. Definitely encourages the use of those things which I'm not big on.

• Like 1

Escalation/Stronghold is only a problem if it's prevalent in your meta, which it really isn't, and people mainly pre-arrange games around here anyway, so it's not like you're really going to wander in one evening and be forced to play against a guy with two titans and a smirk.  As for tourneys, we'll see how this OFCC experiment goes.  It's not like GW dictates what's allowed at events, since they don't run any.

That said, I got yer vortex right here. 

• Like 1

heroes of the storm does look good and also looks to be a welcome relief from the current moba recipe.  I'll be a lot happier once i get into the beta :D

Yes I signed up right off the bat last year and have been in for a few weeks. Really fun so far, but I have little experience with mobas. 

heroes of the storm does look good and also looks to be a welcome relief from the current moba recipe.  I'll be a lot happier once i get into the beta :D

Just started downloading my alpha invite... so you'll double your chances if we can send out invites at some point.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.