New Marvel Multiverse RPG Coming in 2022

andozane

Hmmm not a lot in the announcement to give me excitement. Lots of great existing systems currently out there and they are seemingly going into the unknown. I’ll keep an eye on this - but I’m thinking monster of the week or something apocalypse engine would be quick and easy lol

• Like 2

On 6/5/2021 at 9:49 PM, Torg said:

Hmmm not a lot in the announcement to give me excitement. Lots of great existing systems currently out there and they are seemingly going into the unknown. I’ll keep an eye on this - but I’m thinking monster of the week or something apocalypse engine would be quick and easy lol

Yeah....actually I'm gonna check out MASKS, which is PbtA driven super hero game...

Besides, we really have til 2023 to even think about this new Marvel RPG.

4 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

I never saw the appeal for playing a known character. In college, we played the crap out of Champion which used the Hero system.

Yeah, I generally hate RPGs that make you play as canon characters or even ones that feature canon characters as major NPCs in official campaign supplements. It always leads to a bunch of NERDRAEG! as we all argue about continuity or canonical events. This is why I hated the Saga System Marvel Super Heroes Adventure Game and the Marvel Universe Roleplaying Game.

Having said that, I played in a very fun campaign where the GM asked us all to play one of the lesser used members of the Legion of Super-Heroes in a short campaign that had the five of us (Magnetic Kid, Polar Boy, Thunder, Laurel Kent [me!], and Night Girl) stuck in the late 20th Century. Since the characters weren't used much in the comics (and only the GM and I had really read much LSH to begin with) we felt free to diverge from canon. So, it can work... but I'd much rather make my own heroes.