Why cats suck and the need for better storage options

Came home today to find that my damnable feline used my storage bin (the one containing all of my assembled, primered, and painted ogres) as a springboard to my window ledge. Long story short the little pissant managed to flip the entire thing over and accomplished the near impossible feat of damaging half the contents. This is why I voted for a dog.

I sold my ikea glass cabinet this afternoon, followed shortly thereafter by me unwrapping my glass display cabinet (beautiful wooden contraption) and finding out that the damn thing was shattered during the move.

A harrowing afternoon. Thanks for letting me rant and now on to my question.

Looking for a transport/storage option that's more secure and would allow me to store my models upright. I've had my eye on a tablewar case (http://www.tablewar.com/) but all of their example are 40k related and they haven't responded to my inquiry. Anyone familiar with this product or seen if it can accommodate a WFB army. Thanks

Tablewar is excellent. I have a case and it would be easy as all get out to do a fantasy tray. Most of their examples are 40k, but that's just because that's their focus. You could easily magnetize units and put them on the default trays ranked up:

http://www.tablewar.com/bottom-base-unit-tray/

http://www.tablewar.com/double-wide-bottom-base-unit-tray/

You could also do what I did and just get the flat trays without metal and put sheet magnet on them.

evil-bryan: I sent an e-mail about five days ago

Thanks for the feedback folks, it looks like I'll be tightening the belt and investing in a tablewar case. Just need to figure out if the trays that accompany the case hold a single sheet of metal or if those trays would need to be purchased separately. Also, as I'm looking to have ranked up models on movement trays, would it be wiser to have magnetic sheets or steel sheets and have the movement trays with the opposite polarity.

Okay, so here's the deal with the base case. It comes with the big trays but they are empty. So you need to buy or make the modular trays to put in them.If you have a source for sheet metal or something similar, you can just cut to fit and slap it in. Otherwise, grab the trays from them or lay magnetic sheet. I can get more specific or show some pics of my setup if you need them.

Okay, so here's the deal with the base case. It comes with the big trays but they are empty. So you need to buy or make the modular trays to put in them.If you have a source for sheet metal or something similar, you can just cut to fit and slap it in. Otherwise, grab the trays from them or lay magnetic sheet. I can get more specific or show some pics of my setup if you need them.

So the trays included in basic set-up would fit the steel sheets and I wouldn't have to purchase additional ones? It wasn't clear from their photos, but do they sell trays that have steel or magnetic sheet running the length of them?

So the trays included in basic set-up would fit the steel sheets and I wouldn't have to purchase additional ones? It wasn't clear from their photos, but do they sell trays that have steel or magnetic sheet running the length of them?

Not sure what you mean by the first sentence.

If you buy the standard kit, it comes with the trays and then you would have to put steel or tin in them, otherwise they are empty. They do sell trays with tin bottoms though.

Not sure what you mean by the first sentence.

If you buy the standard kit, it comes with the trays and then you would have to put steel or tin in them, otherwise they are empty. They do sell trays with tin bottoms though.

Question answered. Just wanted to make a distinction between the trays that slide into the case, and the smaller trays that fit into those trays (I think Ive talked myself into a corner)

My preference is to use:

• tin in the bottom of the movement tray on the inside, for rare-earth magnetized model bases to stick to
  • adhesive sheet magnet on the underside of the movement tray, to stick it to the transport tray (and also has the side benefit of making the movement tray slightly less prone to slipping on the gaming table)
  • magnetic whiteboard transport trays, or any steel-based material (but NOT another sheet magnet)

My Dark Elf army is arranged this way (with a magnetic whiteboard cut to fit in the bottom of a plastic storage bin) and it is rock-solid, although not as nice as the Table War system, it's about $40 for the storage bin plus whiteboard.  Pretty similar concept though, and in the end the magnetized models on magnetized trays make gaming so much more fun (by reducing unpack and pack up time).