Forgive me father for my army hath unfairly beaten Huggies'

Raak

Forgive me father for my army hath unfairly beaten Huggies', an obviously superior general and undisputed victim of some lucky rolling on Malefic Possession & Telepathic Shrouding & Invisibility.

I spawned a LoC.

Twice.

For this I am supremely sorry Father.

I also spawned a Bloodthirster.

...and a Keeper of Secrets

...and a Tzeench Herald.

I had Base 11 WC in my tournament army. Huggies' had 6 - for this I readily admit I am a douche.

Librarian: "Recite the rules to 2nd Edition once, the 5th edition twice and say two our Emperors - go in peace my son."

...and I still feel like a douche. Sorry dude. Daemons can be OP or they can suck. Tonight they were totally OP. To your credit you killed almost almost all my models including every thing I summoned (except that last fuc|<ker). Awesome game. Wish the shop had been open for another hour. You would have won.

Forgive me father for my army hath unfairly beaten Shae's, an obviously superior general and undisputed victim of some lucky rolling on Malefic Possession & Telepathic Shrouding & Invisibility.

I spawned A LoC.

Twice.

...and a Tzeench Herald.

I had Base 11 WC in my tournament army. Huggies' had 6 - for this I readily admit I am a douche.

Librarian: "Recite the rules to 2nd Edition once, the 5th edition twice and say two our Emperors - go in peace my son."

...and I still feel like a douche. Sorry dude. Daemons can be OP or they can suck. Tonight they were totally OP. To your credit you killed almost almost all my models including every thing I summoned (except that last fuc|<ker). Awesome game. Wish the shop had been open for another hour. You would have won.

While we're apologizing, I didn't nuke myself this week and I am sorry I didn't nuke myself this week.  Next week I will try harder.  To nuke myself.  Right in the mouth.

• Like 1

Easy my sons. Just say 3,000,843.5 hail Mary's and all will be forgiven. Jon you yourself are not a douche. The demon codex is just jaw droppingly stupid. You can see just how unplanned this codex change is. For those of you that haven't experienced it yet it is much like having your level 3 squirtle take on the elite four by itself. With no potions. It's like Chuck Norris putting on a fighting clinic at a day care. It's really unplanned and the potential of danger is stupid. No worries tau and eldar players before you resoak your urine stained undies, your armies will still probably be fine. John your still too 40k inexperienced to have to worry about just how douchy you are. It was fun. Brad I am really...I'm...at a loss of words for your self suicide behaviour. Next game you better table yourself against your opponent. I will not stand for still standing buildings.  

Warning nitpicking, hey it is better balanced than we thought comments incoming...

Jon how are you generating malefic powers? I believe the rules state when generating all powers from the same chart you can't swap to the primaris. Psychic focus kicks in and then adds the primaris which is then lost as demons gain the primaris of their God.

This means allot depending on the powers...if you max roll on malefic you won't have the primaris. Stupid weird but more balanced than expected!

I'll be down next Tuesday looking for a game at 2k with my ofcc list and could explain...

Forgive me father for my army hath unfairly beaten Huggies', an obviously superior general and undisputed victim of some lucky rolling on Malefic Possession & Telepathic Shrouding & Invisibility.

I spawned a LoC.

Twice.

...and a Tzeench Herald.

Holy cow, that's brutal! Did you really roll the level 6 power for 4 different psykers? Or do they come out of the same unit of pink horrors or something like that?

The greater Demon summon kills the psyker casting it (whole unit removed if brother hood unit) so he had to have it on separate units...

Wait. Now, I'm confused. I did have 4 sixes on Malefic, one on each herald (I rolled alternating malefic and Telepathy so each herald had one from each discipline; but the unit dies if the power goes off? I'm misplaying something here. <brow wrinkle>. It was  a unit with herlads on steeds and seekers does that come under brotherhood unit?

Fudge. O.K. I owe you an actual apology Shae. You won that game! I messed up. So, those heralds would have turned into all of the greater daemons which you killed so the main unit would have broken after the 2nd Assault when we were all locked up next to the building and I would not have had the tower objective contested, leaving only my 11 troops and the fast attack assault unit that just refused to die.

Sorry man. Daemons.

Yeah demon farm sounds bad but getting it to work relies on a clueless opponent.

By clueless do you mean they are unable to capitalize on the fact that "if you're summoning your not shooting" or are there other major weaknesses there?

I agree about reading for comprehension. That said, the game does have a fairly step learning curve and with a new edition a few mistakes seem inevitable in the 1st 6 months or so until thing shake out.

• Like 1

For me like I said first time you cast I take your word and while you are rolling your dice doing your thing I read the relevant rules. This would result in me finishing the last sentence on the card. If you expect to fight daemons you should be reading the relevant rules. Almost all strong rules have a con thatyou should figure out. New unit created? It isn't the movement phase so no joining units. The can't immediately cast summoning of his own I get missing... But you read the card and it says summon with in 6" not in the same unit.

I'm interested to see how my opinion of this game changes as I adjust to a life after drop pods...

I'm starting to see what the game classy guys go on about...

"Filthy casuals"

This game works great with two people who have similar understanding not only of how to play but what rules actually exist.I'm particular, this translates into skill and ambivalence with this game... Made apparent to me more and more all the time.

• Like 1

This game works great with two people who have similar understanding not only of how to play but what rules actually exist.

Well said. Especially in a time-crunched environment. I loved it in FB when I had the rules down so well I never had to look stuff up. Smooth sailing. I need to get better at that with 8th ed Fantasy and 7th ed 40k, which I've never played.

That's what I'm realizing I'm passionate, enthusiastic, and good at comprehensive reading.

This ends up meaning I think about the rules more than some and end up being just more skilled at reading the paper and translating it to the table better. I try really hard to avoid letting my urge to play "right" get in the way of my opponents enjoyment of the game but consequently I'm constantly teaching people and pointing out the little things that can have big impacts. If I don't do this I just crush most opponents I play. On the other hand I don't really fit in with the competitive crowd as I don't want to play the super efficient lists that requires.

I'm caught in a limbo at times as I don't mind weakening my list but I don't weaken my play... This can be daunting for less experienced players...

Not really going any where specific with that just putting it out there.

I feel that I have to point out here that even if you only play 40k and just one army at that, doing so for several years, then, reading comprehension aside, you should definitely have a clear and comprehensive understanding of the game and it's rules. However, for those of us with 6-12 months of experience under our belts the mistakes that can be made are legion; especially when the elements of  time and pressure are involved. Comprehending the rules and being able to execute them continuously for 3 hours without mistake are two totally different levels of play, in my opinion. Whether that makes me a 'filthy casual' or a 'padawan learner' I'm not sure but neither am I too concerned. The game isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The mountain will stand, the snow will fall.

Padwan learner... I'm more talking the people I've known for years that aren't taking the new rules seriously and are still thinking they are more experienced than they are...or complaining about OP without having a concept of what that is or. Complaining about mechanics that actually work if you actually read them.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.