No new starter box yet?!?

PourSpelur

For those who were concerned about the imbalance of the two factions in the set, White Dwarf addressed that.

There are 3 missions.

The first mission(Green Tide, Grey Fog) starts with just the Grey Hunters against all of the Ork infantry(no Killa Kans).

The second mission(Fortress 26) is all the Wolves against just the Killa Kans(Krumpa's Killa Kans) and Gretchin unit(called Rustgob's Runts) The Killa Kans operate as individual models and both the Killa Kans and Gretchin mob can be 'recycled' into play if the Wolves completely wipe out those units.

The third mission(Gofftown) is everything v. everything and using the formations. Grukk's Rippin' Krew have access to Grukk's tellyporta array which means they can all Deep Strike. Fierce-eye's Finest are an interesting one where once one unit in the formation has shot at or charged an enemy, successive units in the formation who choose the same target re-roll failed attempts to shoot or charge.

Apologies, had to go train. Sold everything bar the Kanz, waiting on payment for those then they are gone too.

The campaign book is very thin, bit of story covering part 2 of the red waaggh, 3 missions limited to whats in the box, the rules for the models are just whats in the box with things like named sargents.

Wolves seem same points cost as the current codex. Note that points cost is for a fixed build, not a per model + upgrades in the campaign book, armoury only covers things allocated to units in the book.

Wolves get:
Krom
The Fierce Eye's Wolf Guard
Hengist Grey Hunters
Egil's Blood Claws
The Fierce Eye's Finest Formation, basicly everything, gives furious charge if Krom still alive and re rolls to hit to whole formation if a single unit can hit something.

Orks get:
Grukk
Skrak's Nobz
Rustgob's Runts
Kanx
Grukks Ripping Krew formation, everything again, if Grukk on table, re roll failed morale, pinning and coward tests and everything can deep strike for turn one with out a reserve roll.

Tiny preview for part 3, Sanctus Reach Hour of the Wolf.

Re: Hour of the Wolf

See the war for alaric prime spiral out of control. The space Wolves of Strike Force Stormclaw arrive, turning crushing defeat to bloody victory. Yet the Ors are far from beaten, and as the war reaches new heights of brutality, the fate of the whole planet hangs in the balance.

And another one, managed to miss:
Few skalds remember the sage of the sacrifice on Sacred Mountain. As the Red Waagh descends on the sanctus reach sector a last stand by seven grey hunters stalls the greenskins advance. An uneven contest, it is nonetheless the very stuff of legends.

Like in the new ork codex all units come as dataslates, so it should be no problem using him as HQ. Maybe you can even "build" your own Krom with the current SW codex, but I don't have it to make sure. He costs the same as a Ironclad Dread his stats are 6/5/4/4/3/5/4/10, 3+. He is quipped with a Boltpistol,Frag and Krak grenads and the belt of russ (4++). also he has a wyrmtalon, his +2,AP2 mastercrafted axe. USR: ATSKNF,counterattack,furious charge,acute senses, stubborn. His warlord trait is (translated) "Saga of the born warrior": He has to make challenges and accept them whenever possible but can reroll all to hit rolls if he fights in a challenge.

The rules for Krom are covered in the other post, so I'll give you those for Grukk: 5pts cheaper than Krom, 5/2/5/5/3/4/4/9,4+. He has a (excuse me if I don't properly translate the ork weapons, I don't know all their english names) combigun with bazooka, a squig that lets him reroll 1 to hit die in close combat, a bosspole and stikkbombz along with his special Gitripper, a x2,AP2, rending energy claw. USR are green horde, ere we go, furious charge, feel no pain and can call a Waagh. His warlor trait is "roaring tyran" which lets him and all friendly ork units in 12" reroll failed morale or pinning tests.

Judging by the language issues, this seems to be a cut and paste reply from some other source, so its not as reliable as the guy actually having seen it

Right I have the box set sat in front of me.

The rules for Krom are correct.

What I am worried about though is that the grey hunters don't have BP, BG and CCW as standard! By Russ I hope this isn't the case when the codex comes out!

ere is a third book coming out called Sanctus Reach: Hour of the Wolf

Hengist & Egil gain an extra attack.

Blood Claws still WS3 BS3 (same for Egil) and have rage.

Judging by the box Canis and his giant space hamster are here to stay.

WG 230p
TDAx5
Beoric Winterfang SB/FS
1WG TH/SS
1WG HF/PF
1WG SB/PF
1WG SB/CF

GH 125p
5x PA with a BP Frag and Krak
Hengist with Power Axe
1x PP/CS
1x PG
2x BG

BC 110
5x PA with frag and Krak
Egil with BP/PF
1x PP/CS
3x BP/CS

I know what you mean about Uber grit, I still hope we haven't lost it. Head strong wasn't really a problem because you could always get around it.