Spikey Bitz did a cost analysis for Legion Imperialis

Brother Glacius

I started watching the battlereport they have on warhammertv, and the game seems really simple. But honestly, its been so long since I played any epic, I couldn't compare them. The models do look great. I really like the 8mm size due to how much detail they are able to bring out. Man, its amazing how strong nostalgia is. I can hold on to a bunch of old models with a slim chance to ever use them, or I could use them to pay for the new game which is, in my opinion, way over priced, but will probably have a better chance to play it. #1stworldproblems

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

okay, so I got my copies (hush ando). and I have to say, I'm a little disappointed from the aspect of sheer amount of plastic. This is after owning leviathan and there is no comparison. I'm a bit surprised there was no terrain of any sort. I knew there wasn't going to be...but after opening the box and seeing how much space was left and such....a bit underwhelmed. GW is really raking in the cash here on this box for what they are pushing out. Also, I've got lots of bits that have broken off the sprues so far. Not cool.

I got the main box... thumbed through the book and looked at the minis - after watching a few vids it seems to be a well done game.  BUT - I also watched 3-4 epic armageddon YouTube battle reports and just love that game as well - then after looking through my collection of 4-5 epic armies... the rules are online (net epic) and all the armies are accounted for... this new box doesn't bring anything different to the table besides the scale differences.  

I think I will just sell my box as it is still new and in the box - rulebook and all un-F'd with.

-d

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Torg said:

I got the main box... thumbed through the book and looked at the minis - after watching a few vids it seems to be a well done game.  BUT - I also watched 3-4 epic armageddon YouTube battle reports and just love that game as well - then after looking through my collection of 4-5 epic armies... the rules are online (net epic) and all the armies are accounted for... this new box doesn't bring anything different to the table besides the scale differences.  

I think I will just sell my box as it is still new and in the box - rulebook and all un-F'd with.

-d

Minis look awesome, and I don't mind the scale so much... but as someone who already has a bunch of 6mm Necrons I need to get on Epic bases, I'm right here with you. 

Can't help but feel that, even if they are dead-set on a new scale/rule set, setting it in HH is a big missed opportunity. Telling Xenos players to kick rocks seems like an odd move, haha. 

• Like 1

they are really awesome - and the scale is nice.  But exactly as your point - I have epic armies needed to be finished already.  The game is perfectly fine - with various "living" editions online.  

I see that they are trying to keep it a slow grow Neo-epic - with going with HH. But - as things go - it could take years for them to get to where epic already is. IF they don't dump it all a couple years down the road.  I think I am better off with the "dead" game lol

-d

• Like 1