Dwarfs are kick ass

Wow, so finally was able to look through the army lists last night and man, those dwarfs are tough. Just across the board, solid units, great leadership, and lots of flexibility. I mean they are slow...they are sooooo slow. But damn...talk about an army that can basically say "charge me bro" and then beat the crap out of you. Oh man am I looking forward to playing with these guys. The best part is I already have a painted army I brought to GT's ages ago. I'm a little worried I might have sold my ironbreaker unit (old metal models) and that will break my heart once I confirm. Oh man...getting excited about playing this game!

Gotta remember Sons of Ymir from myminifactory in case I need to print some cool dwarfs.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Here are my opinions, after playing my Dwarfs:

1) flame cannons are amazing!

2) I played a brick of 20 ironbreakers with a BSB (5+ ward save banner and +1 CR), a king on shieldbeaers with +2 attacks and -1 to hit runes, and the unit had the fear banner (this block tanked so many bretonnia units (cavalry, knights on foot).

3) The anvil has been great to me.  I have been supporting the ironbreakers, using the 27" magic missile to pick of a rank or two before combat starts, and having 3 auto dispel runes is nice.

4) Rangers are the bees knees, they bring a great option with scouts and skirmish.

I love that I can just take great weapons everywhere and let my T4 hold it down against most things coming at them.  In a game with combat grinds these units hold tough.  I am going to test a unit of hammerers with the character combo so I can just issue and accept challenges with any dude-bro.   Plus those hammers slap!

Sooooo stoked for the dwarf-bros!

• Like 3