September Apocalypse Event at my pole barn

dalmer

10 K is actually surprisingly easy to do with Marines. This is why apoc games always get me, I want to pull way more than I typically get alloted out...

For example just what I have built for Marines comes to 6750. That is before any super heavies or chaos specific stuff just a "reasonable" apoc list of stuff I want to field.

• Like 2

Android,

Would love to have you come out Sunday!  Orks can come rushing in, itchin' for a scrap!

And with regards to points values, I am going to run the event in a very casual manner... basically, bring what you want.  Folks will bring in points values that keep the sides roughly even.  It's not going to be rocket science and we'll reserve the right to just flow and have fun.  But I do want to keep some kind of cap going during play so someone can't show up and plop 8000 points on a table where folks have battled for hours and are gonna get steamrolled.  Thus, a "fielded point system" will be used unless folks yell their dissent.

For example, at the start player A (good), players B and C (bad) and player D (neutral) are playing.  Good fields 6000 points.  Bad players bring 5000 points each.  Neutral player only has 3000 points.  Close enough.

Scenario 2:  good has 9000 points, bad has only 5000 and neutral only 3000.  Good player should bring their force down a few thousand or has those "in reserve."

You folks are all intelligent and we're all looking for a fun time.  So we'll figure it out.

I might fancy an initial "here's my complete force list of everything I'm bringing" and that way we can easily just total stuff up, etc.

• Like 1

Here's the painted stuff I can bring to the table. Comes out to 4780 as it stands, though I could add some more points in the form of Tachyon Arrows and other wargear if needed. I'm also happy to bring less, if needed. Please note that the Transcendent C'tan is pretty powerful, and I'd be happy to either take a less optimized kit or take him as a regular C'tan Shard if we want to avoid super heavies. Just let me know what you need!

Also, I'm pretty sure I can only make it for one day. :( I'm guessing Saturday is the day to shoot for?

HQ

(160) Destroyer Lord + Semipaternal Weave + Mindshackle 

(225) Imhotek the Stormlord 

(55) Cryptek + Destruction +Solar Pulse 

(130) Overlord + Warscythe + Mindshackle + Semipiternal 

(55) Cryptek + Destruction +Solar Pulse 

Troops

(230) 10 x Warriors + Night Scythe

(230) 10 x Warriors + Night Scythe

(130) 10 x Warriors

(130) 10 x Warriors

Elites

(150)  Triarch Stalker 

(150)  Triarch Stalker 

Fast Attack    

(230) 6 x Wraiths + 2 Whip Coils

(230) 6 x Wraiths + 2 Whip Coils

(150) 10 x Scarabs

(150) 10 x Scarabs

(150) 10 x Scarabs

(150) 10 x Scarabs

(240) 5 Destroyers, 2 Heavy      

Heavy Support

(90) Annihilation Barge 

(90) Annihilation Barge 

(90) Annihilation Barge 

(50) Spyder 

(50) Spyder 

(50) Spyder 

(200)  Monolith 

Lord of War

(810) Trancendent C'tan+Transliminal Slide+Wave of Withering+Antimatter Meteor 

(135) Sentry Pylon 

(135) Sentry Pylon 

(135) Sentry Pylon 

• Like 2

Mr. Graham,

Thank you for posting an excellent list!  Please feel free to bring MORE if you'd like and there is no painted requirement.  Bring the Transcedant C'tan because super heavies are cool and it can go after those titans that VonVilkee is bringing.

And yes, if you can only make it one day then SATURDAY would be optimal.    EDIT:  I just received information from work and this might now be a Saturday-only event  

Stay safe,

don

Don - is this a 5k per person game or more? I noticed you told Jim to bring more if he desired. Right now I can field upwards of 12,000 points in Daemons with the appropriate number of max possible summoning units left over for the Malefic Craziness. What's the points cut-off?

Jon - not a points cut off so far.

Bring what you wanna play with and we'll find a way to "even up" points... be it reserve rolls, getting to bring back units, etc.

A good example would be intrizic and romans832 - both are fielding Eldar.  I have a ton of Eldar models so if they wanna bump up their lists they have models to do so with.

Fun fun fun and I reckon if the players can figure it out, so much the better.

We'll keep posting thoughts/ideas/etc. in this forum post and on the "official" one we'll have better, more-certain lists and such.

Stay safe,

don

I don't think we need to worry about d nearly as much with 7th ed it is destructive don't get me wrong but not automatically destructive. I'll aim for 5k ish as well to keep it manageable.

Also I will be using marine rules but for the narrative all my stuff should count as chaos for Don's preferred enemy!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.