Tuesday Sept 2

Unfortunately on Tuesday night the hive held a small funeral for their 3 carnifex brothers who all three got chopped in half by a single swing of the sword of a savage slow obese daemon. Now the whole hive is looking for blood to avenge their fallen. If anyone would like to put their army in front of some tyranids looking for some revenge just let me know.

• Like 1

Granted, it was an obese daemon who was all cranked up on warp speed and pumped up on iron arm, swinging a Balesword around. That'll kind of do it! I forgot, though, with iron arm up he can't be hurt by anything less than toughness 7. I think that means I didn't have to charge with the Plague Drones to soak up the overwatch.

I've convinced Brad to spend the evening playing Twillight Struggle with me. Who will win? Team Jacob? Team Edward?

• Like 1

I play sentinels of terra (supplement space marines) I envision them as splinter iron warriors that pass for loyalists while working to undermine the imperium. Rules wise they are imperial fists that reroll bolter rounds to hit at half range (works for pistols, bolters, and heavy bolters). My boyz hit the ground from orbit (Drop pods), I have some grav centurions (big guys that wound based on armor save at ap 2), and dreads. I basically ignore the sky (no skyfire) and try to win the fight on the ground. I currently use a forgeworld landraider variant that mounts a barragebartillery piece (Thunderfire Cannon)and twin linked multimeltas, sacrifices assault ramp so it is not an assault vehicle also has some survival boosting rules.

That should cover the basics if you want more details feel free to ask! My marines are purple with one silver shoulder pad and a hazard striped shoulder pad. I'll be there about 5:30.

Any of your guys able to get skyfire? If not I'll drop a flyrant because 2 flyrants with no skyfire may be brutal.

I could but I made the choice legitimately two flying tyrants don't actually scare me too much and any skyfire I could get just strikes me as wasted points. I appreciate the worry but I can still gun them outta the air with snap shots. It is what I do :)

• Like 1

I've convinced Brad to spend the evening playing Twillight Struggle with me. Who will win? Team Jacob? Team Edward?

Is that a thing? That's a thing, isn't it? Oh god, Jim, I'm too old. I don't know if I'm old and out of touch anymore... Hang on, phone is ringing... *Hello? No, he's not here, but I post on the same message board as him if you want to leave a message... Yes.... I see... Six years ago, you say? Barely relevant outside teenage girls and advertising executives? Fascinating! No, I don't think you can sue him for torturing a six year old catchphrase. It's a matter of legal standing. Copyrights aren't people, as far as I know. Yes, I've heard of citizens united, but I don't really see how it applies... Well... But... Look, you're going to have to take it up with his lawyer, cultural icon John Laroquette. Yeah, I thought he was dead, too.*

• Like 3

Hmmm.... You're not suggesting that my referencing Twilight (the books and movies) when talking about Twilight Struggle (the game) was anything less than clever and delightful, right? Because I thought that was clever and delightful.

Also,Nov%252018%252C%25201956%2520-%2520We%25

Fun fact: Well understood among the diplomatic translation corps of the UN to be a cultural mistranslation. Rather than a direct violent threat along the lines of "we will kill you," the phrase was actually intended to mean they would outlast us, that they would be there at our funeral.

He, like you, was wrong.

Joey, I'm worried about you.  You haven't been yourself lately.  If you ever need a pick-me-up, come over for japanese golf and I will physically assault you.  I cannot promise this will cure all or even any of your ails, but it will cure at least one of mine, and might make me stop worrying.

Also, for that godless communist Jim:

I am ready to do battle.  How cold is my war?

mr_cool_ice.jpg

It is this cold.

That tattoo is in commemoration of this girl:

george-marks-girl-8-9-supporting-head-on

who didn't duck and cover quick enough after she saw the flash over Oklahoma City in 1954.  We honor her still.  Her name was Mr. Cool ICE.  Her parents were [big bad swear word]ed up soviets.  You have a lot to answer for, Jim.

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.