For those about to OFCC...

JMGraham

Last minute stuff ....

Anyone still needing a ride, there's a couple seats in my van left. Bus leaves at 3:30.

Anyone still needing hotel space, let me know.

If you need any 40k objective marker sets, I'll bring a few tomorrow. Cost is $12, though if any of you who backed my Kickstarter need them early, they're yours!

Painted? Display board? Big boy pants? All check.

• Like 4

Hell no. :) I finished painting a week or two ago, and am reveling in the fact that I could spend the next few days chewing my toenails and still be ready to go. I'm usually frantic-painting at this point. However if you are for serious, I'll bring some water effects to DT tomorrow. If you bring whatever tints you want to use and convince Sherbert to let you use his terrain area to leave stuff to cure, I'll show you how to do it.

Also: I ordered some Warhamster shot glasses for the tournament Joey and I are running. They should be here Wednesday. If you need some for the OFCC, we have extra. $2 per glass, and for OFCC related reasons only. For example, the Studs will be using them to toast (and swag) our 3rd round opponents. If you need some for the OFCC, let me know how many and bring cash tomorrow. I'll bring them with and distribute them Friday night or early Saturday.

• Like 2

and ok, water effects...

Will your markers hold them?  I am thinking in the lower area, below the numbers.  I know they are not deep, but even a little would look cool.  Second.  IF that is feasible, sould i paint the bottom (Under the effect) the color that I want the effect to be, or do add paint to the effect itself?

I am thinking stony stones, with red liquid for my red liquid angel army...

The raised parts of the objective markers are the thickness of cereal box cardboard (because that's literally what I cut them from). I reckon that's too shallow to do any kind of meaningful water effects. it would basically be like pouring a thick gloss coat. The sum total of my knowledge of water effects is in this video, where you can listen to my soothing voice while learning: 

• Like 1

Kept it loose this year. There is the pub quiz but that is capped at 75 peeps I'm still up for hitting Bridgeport brew pub, I'm gonna check if it is walking distance from new location.

For sure we are getting our paint judged once we are there. They are starting it at 1pm ish and running till 9 ish so I figured get it outta the way.

For all you hotel room renters. How are they billing you for parking?

S&I are trying to figure out what on earth we're going to do for parking.

Wondering if we might be able to get in on your parking passes for staying there?

The ofcc rate didn't include any car, so the ad on cost is still there. I decided to bump up to valet parking only 5 more than park yourself a night and we will be able to load and unload right at the front door them not worry bout it!

Burk, oh I always thought that was a Red Lion (Dad used to work on the other side).

Yeah I was talking about there.

VonVilkee - there's also a Cidery - Rev Nat's about .8 miles away I'm hoping to hit, sadly may have to do it Sat evening As their hours are Thur-Sat 1700-2200 & Sun 1200-1700. Silly people, so in the way of my gaming.

Burk, oh I always thought that was a Red Lion (Dad used to work on the other side). Yeah I was talking about there. VonVilkee - there's also a Cidery - Rev Nat's about .8 miles away I'm hoping to hit, sadly may have to do it Sat evening As their hours are Thur-Sat 1700-2200 & Sun 1200-1700. Silly people, so in the way of my gaming.

I had a Rev Nat the other night, tasted like apple pie

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.