They're bad, they die, they can't kill anything but can they be annoying?

I know for competitive play they are a no go but for fun games can they be useful as a road block? They don't have animosity, they are unbreakable and have 5 wounds per base. My thought is can they be used to tarpit a section of the board for a turn or two and make big monsters or Cav come to a halt? Also don't they give a unit behind them Hard Cover?

For 30 points a base it rides on that useful line but having no experience with swarms yet I am not sure.

The question isn't SHOULD you bring snotlings, but HOW MANY snotlings can you bring.

They aren't great.  They can redirect, but using them to tar-pit will never work out.  If I remember correctly they are a swarm, and suffer to the squish rule.  They will lose half of their wounds in combat, and the rest of them when they squish.  This limits their use to war machine hunting or redirecting, both of which are done better by other units in the army.  

Yes they're unstable. Well one of my thoughts was using them to block fast cav from getting to my warmachines. Wolf Riders tend to fail at stopping other fast cav and a small unit of night goblins, at 20, also break super easy. I thought of having a unit of snotlings in the back ranks able to move to one side or the other positioned just over 6" from the warmachines. The unit won't flee so no over running them and when they crumble no over run is allowed either.

Not effective I know but just wondering if anyone uses them?

Pump Wagons yes, throw some spores and a roller on the front and that thing will kill anything.

I was just playing with the idea of snotlings as a swarm, but allowing overruns after crumble makes them really bad.

It depends, if you use them as cheap re-directors they could work; however, you get better results with wolf riders.

Pump Wagons yes, throw some spores and a roller on the front and that thing will kill anything.

I was just playing with the idea of snotlings as a swarm, but allowing overruns after crumble makes them really bad.

But once you trick them out aren't they on par point wise with a Mangler?..which would be a better choice right?

I suppose the Wagon has more control but wont it just die soon after being stuck in?

Ive been really wanting to do a scratch build on one but don't really see a spot for one  yet...

But once you trick them out aren't they on par point wise with a Mangler?..which would be a better choice right?

I suppose the Wagon has more control but wont it just die soon after being stuck in?

Ive been really wanting to do a scratch build on one but don't really see a spot for one  yet...

Pump wagons aren't really the same thing as manglers nor are the two mutually exclusive.  Wagons produce combat res and aren't nearly as unpredictable as the manglers can be while manglers are generally harder to lock down and do not allow catapulting for enemy units.  

Point is they're similar units, but do not necessarily fill the same niche.

As for the topic at hand snotlings are decent redirectors and can wreak havoc on small units that like to get into your back line.  Wolf Riders are in general the more economic choice and fulfill a much more penetrating version of redirection, but if you're looking for back line war machine protectors snotlings could produce some mileage especially considering how hard it is to get LoS on them.