Couple of quick rules questions

Since ill be plopping down a new Undead army this week I`ll be using some units that are new to me such as flyers and these Hexwraiths cavalry.

Ill be using Varghiest`s and I notice that they have Frenzy and can fly...when figuring the max potential charge range for frenzy purposes do you use the 10" charge fly range?..or the ground speed of 6"?

And for Hexwraiths,when they use their Spectral Hunters rule,are those attacks considered shooting attacks? it states they are distributed as shooting but not that they are shooting attacks..or are they melee attacks?....mainly for running through war machines and not knowing what toughness to use.

thnx:)

yea its 10".  but not terrible because flying units are skirmishes so you can just face them away from things.  as for spectral hunters, thats the attack when they run through you?  its similar to bombs and rocks i think.  they are not done during the shooting phase so technically its not a shooting attack(or melee) but distributed as if it were a shooting attack.  ill wait for a VC player though... not 100% sure

yea its 10".  but not terrible because flying units are skirmishes so you can just face them away from things.  as for spectral hunters, thats the attack when they run through you?  its similar to bombs and rocks i think.  they are not done during the shooting phase so technically its not a shooting attack(or melee) but distributed as if it were a shooting attack.  ill wait for a VC player though... not 100% sure

Ahh yeah,thnx for the tip on Skirmishers..im actually using skirmishers for the first time as well,heh.

Was just doing some checking around on the web about this Hexwraith vs War machine thing..seems to be a fair amount of split opinions on the issue.

I personally would lean more toward using the WM`s Toughness as its the closest to the attacks description being "Distributed as per Shooting".Now it certainly doesn't define it as a shooting attack but with how WM`s work having all "Shooting attacks" hit the machines Toughness while all Melee attacks hit the Crew,I think it seems the most logical to say that something that distributes as a shooting attack will use the WM`s toughness,simply because you cant distribute a shooting attack wound to the crews toughness in this case.