Blood Angel / Tyranid Campaign Box

pretre

They really need to make some varied gaunt tails. Looks pretty bad in the dynamic photo above, having all identical tails. A minor complaint. It is an awesome photo.

I know it's not the same as having the variation out of the box, but I've seen variation added by putting some heat to the tails and then adjusting. Doing that to 90 Gaunts isn't my idea of a good time though.  :laugh:

I know it's not the same as having the variation out of the box, but I've seen variation added by putting some heat to the tails and then adjusting. Doing that to 90 Gaunts isn't my idea of a good time though.  :laugh:

I know, I've seen this too. Was just thinking that in the above picture, it looks out of place, having that one unit of identical models amongst all those individualized models.

The gargs being ablative wounds sounds almost too good to be true. Making a melee tyrant viable by giving him 10 ablative wounds, sounds freakin MEAN!

Yeah, I'm really curious about how that's going to work out. I can see a few options, like making it be a better Cover Save than normal for a screening Unit, but a Garg dies every time he makes one, letting him Join the Gargoyle Brood like an IC, or just letting him LoS to the Gargoyles even tho they're not in the same Unit.

They aren't posted on this website. They are linked to another site that is posting them. There's a difference. :)

I know with regards to streaming, the DMCA also bans linking. Not really sure how it regards images.

SkyTyrant Swarm looks awesome for MeleeRants. None of the rest of the Formations really impress me until you get to the mega-formation that's not viable below 3K. And also requires so many FMCs that I think there are some Deployment Types it wouldn't fit in.

The Detachment unfortunately requires taking that sub-optimal Warlord Table, but that just means using it as a secondary Detachment, I guess, and taking your Warlord from a SkyTyrant Swarm or something. Getting to re-roll IB may be pretty cool, or kind of meh, depending on which of the two rolls involved in IB it lets you re-roll.

Posting from phone so bear with me.

Leaks are out, new ba/tyranid box ala spacewolves/orks.

Ba get:

1 unique captain

5 termies

5 death co.

1 dc dread.

Tyranids get:

1 new brood lord

8 genestealers

3 warriors

1 carnifex

Mini rulebook w/ ba graphics

campaign book

3 missions, 2 formations

$125

I for sure am going to buy it as soon as possible. Any takers for those 'nids? ;)

I wasn't posting since it was Natfka, but...

Blood Angels Rumors / Tyranid Rumors - Nov 2014
 via anonymous sources on Faeit 212 *****
two releases next week for 40k and the rest is hobbit and some bases.
Shield of Baal box set $125 25 miniatures, campaign supplement, and rules
Shield of Baal: Deasthstorm $24 hardback 125pgs

Contents of the box set
Small Rulebook with Blood Angels on Front
Campaign Supplement -40pages
3 missions, rules and dataslates for each model, two formations- Strike Force Deathstorm and Phodian Annihilation Swarm

Blood Angels Strike Force- 12 models
Captain Karlean, 5 terminators, 5 deasth company, and a death company dreadnought

Phodian Annihilation Swarm- 13 models
Spawn of Cryptus, 8 genestrealers, 3 warriors, and a carnifex

The Spawn of Cryptus is a very large Broodlord towering over the height of warriors. Both the Spawn of Cryptus and Captian Karlean are new models.
  • Like 1

Posting from phone so bear with me.

Leaks are out, new ba/tyranid box ala spacewolves/orks.

Ba get:

1 unique captain

5 termies

5 death co.

1 dc dread.

Tyranids get:

1 new brood lord

8 genestealers

3 warriors

1 carnifex

Mini rulebook w/ ba graphics

campaign book

3 missions, 2 formations

$125

I for sure am going to buy it as soon as possible. Any takers for those 'nids? ;)

I may be interested.  But you can't receive PMs right now... 

Felwether just posted on Warseer

White Dwarf just arrived. The Deathstorm box is €100. Karlaen looks pretty cool, he's got a storm bolter and thunder hammer and a cool iron halo built around a chalice. I'll try to get some pics up later on.

White Dwarf also mentions new 32mm round bases for release which is weird.

Perhaps most interestingly, the Next Week section has the line "On deadly wings they come". Codex next week?

Yeah Pics today of the new Deathstorm set