Dark Angels in June

pretre

Wow, just noticed that DW terminators lost the "Combat Squads" rule. No more using combat squads to get one unit with 2 heavy weapons and a second unit of TH/SS terminators.

DW didn't have Combat Squads last time, either.

The DW knights didn't, but the terminators did, I'm pretty sure.

EDIT: got out the old book, you are correct. I wonder if I cheated any, last edition....

So, just something that would work for DA. That Wall of Martyrs Imperial Defense Emplacement is 40pts and grants "rerolls when resolving overwatch if using a weapon with he heavy type." Given DA already have improved overwatch, there is certainly some merit here. I'm also not finding anything to suggest that walkers can't benefit from this thing. Which is neat.

Dunno if it's worth the fort slot, but worth noting with DA.

A DA Dev squad sitting in the Defense Emplacement would be pretty impossible to assault, yeah. Unfortunately, outside of Devs DA don't really have all that many Heavy weapons spread around units to take advantage of it.

Although... the 3 Land Speeders + 1 Vengeance/Darkshroud could potentially use it, since they are allowed to fire Overwatch when other units are assaulted.

• 2 weeks later...

Ravenwing rule decided, at least in ITC circles:

Question 12
  • Do we allow Dark Angels characters on bike to gain the Ravenwing rule, as we believe is RAI?
    • Note: Currently Ravenwing detachments have access to 3 HQ’s, which must have the Ravenwing rule, but RAW no HQ’s besides Sammael have the Ravenwing rule.

12.ravenwing-300x231.png

Blowout community reaction to support RAI on this topic, again, just as with KDK. I think this was the right call and again, shows the community looks after its own. Hey, Dark Angels players, yes, you can actually slap some more HQs into your Ravenwing armies or take someone other than Sammael!

• Like 1