KOW army lists

Brother Glacius

So many choices...

Has anyone online made a list that matches WFB armies to the similar/equivalent KoW armies?

I don't know that much about either universe, so if I shop for figures from sources other than Mantic, I would like to know the WFB figs that match the KoW army I am building.

For example, in KoW, there is the Basilean Army.

Which WFB army is closest in terms of figures/models?

Well see, that is kind of the best part of KoW, you can you whatever you want. For example, before the Herd army came out, I used the orc list and just used my beastmen models. It worked fairly well.

For human armies, they have the following lists:

Kingdom of Men - empire mostly

Basilean - empire with some MI units though some use Bretonnia too.

League of Rhordia - empire/halfling but with MC unit

Brotherhood - bretonnian

Varangur - marauders/chaos warriors

The lists state what kind of base the unit is on. Default for infantry is 20mm, with 25mm noted in the special rules. And really, it comes down to the whole footprint of the unit.

For instance, in the herd list, they don't have a direct translation for gors. They only have one 25mm infantry unit and that works best for bestigors. However, I can still use a 20mm infantry unit for my gors. I just figure out the total movement tray size, and then fit as many 25mm models on it. Still looks like a unit.

If I'm not thrilled with the herd list, I may just go back to using the orc list for my beastmen.

Heyas Barca,

I've used my Skaven for the Ratkin list, and it translates over fairly well. The Ratkin list (as well as a few others) is still in 'testing'  (and keeps getting nerfed, $#()$*(#!) and they recently removed more options from the list (sigh), but a good number of my Skaven troops from WHFB are usable in KoW.

The one game I played I really enjoyed. The system is FAST to learn, and plays very quickly. I do wish magic had a bit more 'substance', but it all boils down to building up hits on enemy units to make them waver and break.

A lot of the 'cross overs' are pretty straight forward, too: Dwarves line up with dwarves, ogres with ogres, rats with rats, etc. And BG gave a really good human breakdown above, and he's WAY more experienced with the game than I am for sure! :)

-Tim

• 1 month later...

Starting to put together a OnG list for the game..is there a translation listing for using both OnG`s together yet?

Reason I ask is I have a fairly good mix of the two armies and could probably do around 2500 pts,but its a stretch to get one faction to 1500 without grabbing a lot of magic items and stuff like that,,which I can see probably wont work too well.

And I don't see a statline for the Mangler squig yet..

Also I realize I could just combine them in one list but then what about the army special abilities?..would I use both?.

• Like 1

And I don't see a statline for the Mangler squig yet..

My understanding is that it will not be a 100% conversion chart... there may be some units from your WHFB list that do not make it over.

I.e. They had the Skaven Stormfiends on the beta list... but removed them in one of the more recent updates. I have no idea if they will make the list or not.

So don't be surprised if you don't see a statline for your favorite troop/hero. :(

-Tim

My understanding is that it will not be a 100% conversion chart... there may be some units from your WHFB list that do not make it over.

I.e. They had the Skaven Stormfiends on the beta list... but removed them in one of the more recent updates. I have no idea if they will make the list or not.

So don't be surprised if you don't see a statline for your favorite troop/hero. :(

-Tim

Ahh,,ok at least now I know im not missing anything,thnx:)

The Mangler rips faces off in AoS so ill just use him there for now:)