Need computer help

intrizic

They fail, they load then do nothing. I thought it might be the hard drive, so I replaced that but it didn't work

So I'm assuming you're booting up with one of these recovery disks? Or are you running it from a previous instance of Windows?

Do you get into the recovery UI? Or does it fail before even getting that far.

Hello there,

Haywire is supposedly good with regards to services and pricing if you go that route:

http://www.haywirerepair.com/

There's a guy on West Maplewood Avenue, too that did a full diagnostics check when I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the problem was and it cost something ridiculously cheap.  I'll look for his contact info.

Stay safe,

don

Sorry in advance if this is too descriptive, don't know your level of computer knowledge. If you're trying to just recover to a past date, that usually wont work because viruses like to lurk in your system for months before striking to make themselves harder to pinpoint.  You'll probably need to completely reinstall windows which is what most "repair" shops will do, see below:

If possible save your important data to an external hard drive.  Then restart your computer with the recovery/reinstall disk inserted (which is essentially just a base copy of windows), then mash F8, sometimes F10 (It'll say on the bottom of the boot menu "F8 - boot menu").  From there you'll want to boot from the disk which will bring you to a windows reinstall menu.  Just go through the process of reinstalling windows, and once installed go to my document>Local Dick (C:) and delete the folder labeled 'Windows.old' that is where all the infected dirtyness is.  Then you should be good to go, for best results repeat this process every 6 month - 1 year.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you need more info.

• Like 2

Loren, completely unrelated and on it's own note (aside from Jim's note (thus being a sub-related or semi-related note) about peeing) and hopefully this will make you feel the slightest bit better.

I peed on my laptop once. Apparently nothing fries the motherboard quicker than highly salinized urine.

• Like 2

Loren, completely unrelated and on it's own note (aside from Jim's note (thus being a sub-related or semi-related note) about peeing) and hopefully this will make you feel the slightest bit better.

I peed on my laptop once. Apparently nothing fries the motherboard quicker than highly salinized urine.

<3

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.