Nov 14, Late-War 2015 FoW Tournament @GG (official thread)

barca

Thanks everybody I played at the tournament.  Was very frustrating for my tank company to deal with nothing but infantry companies, and the missions didn't help. But, everybody was nice and I enjoyed the games albeit a ripping headache by the middle of the second game and lasting till I got home.

I have gotten tired of not being able to beat infantry companies with my US tanks and this tournament has showed me a few things.  From now on, I am concentrating my US armor into pure ANTI-Infantry.  I have proven that I can tear up Panzers, Panthers, and Tigers, so, I am going to convert all my tank killing stuff (m4 76mm and tank destroyers) into infantry killing stuff like jumbos, standard shermans with improvised armor, stuarts with improvised armor, assault gun shermans instead of mortars (anything with breakthrough gun),  I really want to start slaying those gravel munching little bastards.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to start slaying those gravel munching little bastards.

Tovarish,

Many thanks for the new moniker: "gravel munchers"

Not an exact translation, but close enough ("gravel feeders"):

гравий едоков - Gravilya Yedokov

-- Veterans of the Inzhenerno-Saperniy (Assault Engineer Sappers)

Thanks everybody I played at the tournament.  Was very frustrating for my tank company to deal with nothing but infantry companies, and the missions didn't help. But, everybody was nice and I enjoyed the games albeit a ripping headache by the middle of the second game and lasting till I got home.

I have gotten tired of not being able to beat infantry companies with my US tanks and this tournament has showed me a few things.  From now on, I am concentrating my US armor into pure ANTI-Infantry.  I have proven that I can tear up Panzers, Panthers, and Tigers, so, I am going to convert all my tank killing stuff (m4 76mm and tank destroyers) into infantry killing stuff like jumbos, standard shermans with improvised armor, stuarts with improvised armor, assault gun shermans instead of mortars (anything with breakthrough gun),  I really want to start slaying those gravel munching little bastards.

We didn't get our game in either.  Or you might have gotten the opportunity to at least try and kill my sneaky tanks of doom.

Though as you know my REAL army that I REALLY like to play is of course PanzerGrenadiers, the aforementioned gravel munchers you speak of.

So...

Zeke I think this is just the difficulty building an all comers list and operating in the meta of what people generally bring.

Take the 18 pak 40 list you faced. Does great against tanks.. against arty and infantry.. not so much.

maybe swap in a platoon of sherman 105s instead of the stewarts. The biggest thing for infantry is digging in and infantry saves. 105s are a good counter.

Thanks Steve for hosting the tournament. Will the results be posted on WWPD rankings?

Tournament Results:

note: Players with same number of points have the same rank number. Strength of schedule is not taken into account.

Each company list is linked to so enjoy the recon.

place, victory points, name, nation and company type

1. 18pts, Charlie R. German infantry (Best Axis General Award)

2. 14pts, David S. German tank

3. 11pts Zach B. Italian infantry (random draw gift cert)

3. 11pts, Jake A. German infantry

5. 10pts Derek V. US infantry (Best Allies General Award)

6. 9pts Mike M. Soviet tank (co-Best Painted)

6. 9pts Ed A. German mechanized

6. 9pts Ryan M. Soviet tank

9. 8pts Anthony B. German tank

9. 8pts Mike H. British infantry

11. 5pts Daniel A. British mechanized

11. 5pts Steve Z.  US tank (co-Best Painted)