Well I did it, put the deposit down on a table.

VonVilkee

LOL.. The way I read your response:

I have a dream of parking my car in the garage (don't we all), but then I will get side tracked trying to figure out the chem levels in my hot tub, and then have people over to show them it is awesome and put one too many people in the hot tub which will spill water out and throw the breaker. After which someone will have to get out into the cold to run around looking for the breaker to find out it was the hot tub breaker and not the main circuit breaker.  After which you will think about getting a BBQ/smoker because all the people will want super yummy food.  (PS this totally didn't happen in the middle of winter at or around midnight, it is a hypothetical situation...  )

Also, you realize that by getting a house that is more incentive for parents to show up? Heck our spare bedroom is now called Grandma and Grandpa's room.  Also, by getting this cool table in your new house with a hot tub and a BBQ/smoker you are practically making your house the center of Geekery. Of which I may be a little jealous. :)

EDIT: Made some edits to grammar and found out it is beyond repair. my English is horrible this morning.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

I know! Their periodic emails make it hard to forget that I'm waiting. I appreciate the communication but it marks time very specifically.

Sarah and I are going down next Tuesday to talk out all our options. Pretty excited and impressed they would work out a face to face instead of just a call.

Edit: hate that my phone prefers quotidian over would...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't be. You get to spend close to a year simultaneously excited and questioning your judgement...

Honestly, if you add up the amount of enjoyment and the length of use you get from high quality goods, I reckon it'll work out better than lower quality goods that have to be replaced more often. Certainly, don't spend outside of what you can afford, but I think nice things are worth saving for.

Still, I can't help but thinking of someone (probably Kacy) pooing on a table when I read this thread title.

And I've now paid... Worries aside we have the money but it would have drained us. Options always add up and well Washington wants its cut. Was able to secure some no interest financing for 15 months with some rewards back. Credit card fools! We haven't paid a cent in interest for 11 years. Now I know they get a cut of the purchase and transaction charges but still as a selfish one sometimes I like thinking I'm winning this exchange.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.