Tyranids for the Harvester

PumpkinHead

Linebreaker, they could probably get pretty often. With just two, tho, I find Opponents can usually either move away or kill the Lictor before the Mawloc comes in. With a bunch, you can get enough coverage from their homing effect that it's harder to escape, but just a couple can't cover enough of the board.

As Objective Grabbers, maybe, but I think in the context of this List, they're often going to be the only reasonable target for a lot of your Opponent's lighter firepower.

Also, if you grab another Mucolid or Ripper Swarm, that would let you run double CAD instead of Leviathan, giving you some ObSec and the ability to re-roll on any Warlord Table, rather than just the pretty bad Leviathan one.

i would go with as much Ob-Sec as you can get!

If the missions last year were any indication, I doubt this plan would work terribly well. While many/most of them are objective-based, they are not scored progressively and so only units that make it to the end of the game will matter- and Tyranid ObSec units are generally not terribly survivable, no do they effectively contribute to an ongoing battle.

• Like 1

I don't have a second mucolid, and not sure I can pick one up in time. I also would have to drop another egrubs to get it, which obsec rippers and mucolid aren't that amazing, and probably not worth it

Points-wise, I was thinking about that as part of what you might swap in if you did drop the Lictors. Model-wise, that's a different deal.

How does one aquire more mucolids anyway without buying a dozen tyrannocyte kits?

It's also relatively simple to build them out of spare bits from many of the MC kits. I made a set using several of the Stranglethorn Cannon's "feeder" sack and tubes, a Carnifex Carapace, and some other random pieces and greenstuff.

• Like 1