Objective secured

AgentP

I've been toying around with a house rule to objective secured.  In addition to providing ObSec as part of some formations (CAD), what if there was a universal rule that:

"Any troops choice that begins the game at maximum size, and includes a dedicated transport (if available), gains the Objective Secured rule for the remainder of the game"

I'm intrigued by this because I think ObSec needs to be a bit more distributed to control the effect it can have on games.  Also, I like the idea of rewarding non-minimum sized units, which tend to be the norm.

Would a house rule like this improve things, or bring the end times?

• Like 1

I've been toying around with a house rule to objective secured.  In addition to providing ObSec as part of some formations (CAD), what if there was a universal rule that:

"Any troops choice that begins the game at maximum size, and includes a dedicated transport (if available), gains the Objective Secured rule for the remainder of the game"

I'm intrigued by this because I think ObSec needs to be a bit more distributed to control the effect it can have on a games.  Also, I like the idea of rewarding non-minimum sized units, which tend to be the norm.

Would a house rule like this improve things, or bring the end times?

It would certainly help out some armies. Green tide would be nasty as crap.

• Like 1

Would IG have to field a full Platoon (including maxed HWS, SWS, and Conscripts)?

It also seems like there's a lot of variance in how much of a burden this is. You can get a full Squad of Skitarii Vanguard for 100 Points, and it's perfectly reasonable to do so, but full Unit of Stealers is over 300, and is horribly unwieldy.

It also seems like there's a lot of variance in how much of a burden this is. You can get a full Squad of Skitarii Vanguard for 100 Points, and it's perfectly reasonable to do so, but full Unit of Stealers is over 300, and is horribly unwieldy.

Yeah, full GH? Not a big deal. Full SOB squad? ouch.