GG and Battlefront Products - what is going on

barca

Odd, I got the Italy two-book pack a few days ago for 1/2 off. Hopefully some shelf space will also be given to Plastic Soldier Company. I mean, a box of PSC Shermans are practically half of it's BF counterparts.

Now that Battlefront is producing plastics, the price difference isn't so drastic.  A box of PSC Shermans is roughly $30 whereas the Plastic Shermans from battlefront is $45.  Mind you its still cheaper, but it isn't the 1/2 off deal it once was, plus Battlefront minis are typically much nicer than the PSC ones.

GG is a slog for me, but it is still, hands down, one of the best gaming stores I've ever been in... period.  

Sorry to see the reduced commitment to FoW, but Angel has to do what's right for her business.  

I managed to take advantage of the sale and clean out the Japanese, Hungarian, and a few other odds and ends...  (plastic Stalins for the win!)

In Norcal, all but one of the closest 'local' stores (~250 miles from me, so Sacramento or the Bay Area) have quit stocking new FoW products, and are liquidating their current stock. One or two will still order stuff if you want it. This has been happening over the course of 3-4 years, and BF doesn't seem to care about reversing the trend. I'm not surprised that it's happening elsewhere in the PNW, which is a shame because there are still groups who are pretty excited about the game still.

Sad news, but at least our store still loans us table space and has stated a desire to continue to support tournaments.

There is still a mutual benefit, but reduced. We get a place to play, and the store gets eye candy, a small amount of buzz and some advocates for the game, keeping a level of interest.

There was a similar arrangement with one store who had stopped carrying the FoW line, they even had a growing number of players going to the weekly group night . The owner ultimately put an end to that because even after he noticed the increased interest, he decided that dealing BF still wasn't worth the hassle, and gave up the space to a group of gamers that played something he actually sells. Money is what matters in the end.

We have a tournament circuit that held events at the stores which sold/sell FoW, which started in 2012. It has helped stave off the death of the game in some stores, but in some it was inevitable.

We are in the process of scouting out non-store venues.

We will also do a series of demos and events at stores outside of our regular hang-out.

Using Portland as a hub provides us with many options.

Some of our people are willing to travel a bit to get to events.

And some people who don't travel much can have some of us visit them to create larger events.

At least, that's the plan, for now.

The sales rep from battle front indicated that they would still support tournaments, and some demos, but response about the. Online sale was more of an explanation than anything else.

Quoted Angel here:

We'll still carry terrain, books, and GF9 products,

and be more than happy to special order stuff in for customers.

And still want Team Yankee.

But won't re-order it when it sells unless a customer specifically asks.

Indication was that if BF sales rebound to justify shelf space, stocking decision would be re evaluated.

Other than that, I think a specific question would get a more detailed answer.

The sales rep from battle front indicated that they would still support tournaments, and some demos, but response about the. Online sale was more of an explanation than anything else.

Quoted Angel here:

We'll still carry terrain, books, and GF9 products,

and be more than happy to special order stuff in for customers.

And still want Team Yankee.

But won't re-order it when it sells unless a customer specifically asks.

Indication was that if BF sales rebound to justify shelf space, stocking decision would be re evaluated.

Other than that, I think a specific question would get a more detailed answer.

Ok, so basically we need to get together our events for the next 3-6 months and come up with a list of things we think we want and ask Guardian Games to order it for us?  Are they going to be ordering in any Team Yankee stuff other than the two starter boxes, or do we need to order those through them?