New Orkcurion

pretre

This is awesome. Full council is a hell of a tax but think about it, orks being fearless. Gazzy with a 2++ every turn and feel-no-pain and rage, think about that tank and then the nobs just need weapons.Big mek is a hard tool to use in the squad Kustom force field maybe, but a lot of points for a unit im getting in to combat turn 2.

The rest is gravy boyz in trukks for speed or on foot if you need body's. Everyone is fearless and can charge turn 1, if a army closes tov fast. the real question for me is do i go for da boyz or the dredz and canz. I think the boys and some fast auxiliary, Only real hard spot is daka jets can't be got in singles.

TW Haines

ps I run orks every week at game night in bellingham.

• Like 2

iI thought of that but its a lot of points and with mad doc and 2 warbosses on top of gazzy your looking at what 16 claw attacks without the charge? I dont have the codex in front of me, but adding more claws just cant see the payback. The points are tight as it is. I came up with a list going to try on tuesday.looks solid we will see.

TW Haines 

iI thought of that but its a lot of points and with mad doc and 2 warbosses on top of gazzy your looking at what 16 claw attacks without the charge? I dont have the codex in front of me, but adding more claws just cant see the payback. The points are tight as it is. I came up with a list going to try on tuesday.looks solid we will see.

TW Haines

Let us know how it goes for ya:)

I'm somewhat interested in trying a footslogging list using the council and the Waaagh Band.

I am thinking claws on the warbosses and big choppas on the mandatory nobs. I am giving thoughts to the idea of running nobs and bosses with big choppas tho. It could work, the doc. and gazzy keep claw attacks and the rest have attacks at in 3 and 4. That drops the cost by 40 points. 

I think the fact both bosses get a free warlord trait is cool, only it has to come from the gazzy table and there not as good at the main codex.

Next week I will try big choppas, this week claws.

TW Haines

The thing is, warbosses make the best choice for big choppas as they are S8 on the charge with them and are I4, which is HUGE.  Invariably, having S10 and ap2 ends up being better in most situations, but, being as they are in a unit like this actually taking advantage of I4 seems really important.  

I keep wanting to try a warboss using Head Woppas with rending and killing blow.  Seems like a nifty trick.  

• Like 1

The only way to run truck spam competitively is with Meganobz IMO.  Those little units just fold up too quickly and give up too many KPs.  

I disagree, especially with FW vehicles and hard boyz. Though, you've seen my list. 4++ KFF and 3 voice shields in my deployment zone means i can take the fire from a full tau army without buckling even if i go second. The army is extraordinarily tough the way I run it. It's the boxes, not the boys inside that make it tough. I'd rather AV 12 and 13 trucks full of 'ard boyz and regular boys, than trukks full of meganobz.

I'm aware. That's kinda the point I was making. O_O I understand he said 'trucks', i generally interpret that to mean "ork transports that are not battlewagons". If he means literally trucks, as in the AV 10 transport, then yeah. you either have to run the boyz dirt cheap so you dont care when they die, or run 'em as MANz.