Playing Mid-War at GG till end of may.

ZEKE

From now till Enfilade, which is end of May, I plan on bringing 1700 pt mid-war Germans to try out different lists in preparation for the Enfilade tournament.

If anybody else is going & needs practice or just likes to play Mid-War, bring an army.

@Bolo, that was hilarious.  I showed that post to my wife.

But seriously, I get almost no practice in because the group that plays around here never waits for me to get there and the games have started like at 5:00 which isn't even enough time for most people to get off work and head over.   The other group here doesn't talk to the first group much.  And I am kind of outside both looking in.  Ironic given how many events I am promoting all the time.  So I mean I basically just show up for tournaments and an OCCASSIONAL game.  The rest of my time is spent on other games.  Sad.

Having said that:  I do love the game and would love it if all the players would kind of get on the same page instead of "doing their own thing".  I don't think it makes you a better player to play the same people over and over again all the time.  Just my take on it.  It's not that this isn't fun.  It is.  But we need to foster a more inclusive community like we have in 40K and it also brings up more rules questions and playing the same person every time can get you into really bad and incorrect habits.  Better to spread the love and see different looks from opponents.

I MIGHT be down that way to help my friend, whose getting the keys to his new place on Friday.  Distant maybe.  If I did, anybody feeling like a game?

I do love the game and would love it if all the players would kind of get on the same page instead of "doing their own thing"...

On getting on same page, Noland has suggested a Tunisia firestorm campaign.

Does not exist yet, but I could put one together, say after Enfilade, or around either side of the September tournament.

We could connect several groups together face-to-face, or virtually, or both.

Although we started firestorm overlord in PDX, for a while we had virtual participation from 2 guys in Bellingham.

We could do same thing in Tunisian campaign, pulling together Washington and Oregon groups.

Heck, we could even plan on tying that into a Northwest Invasion event.

In response to Josefs aka Lord Hanaur  whine about people never waiting which I can only assume is directed at me. I was there for nearly 2 hours before you showed and had been telling the kid that I was waiting for you. Then you showed and got all pissy and left.

As far as the nobody wanting to play you, I can only speak from personal experience. and nearly every game I have played you I have seen or caught you trying to bend the rules or out right break them. I am not the only one that feels this way because I discussed playing a game with you with some guys at the Game Matrix and their answer was and I quote "Josef McCoy, yeah he cheats at 40k too"

So that's my reasoning why I don't play you if at all possible.

Ed Anderson aka Centurious

Whoa Ed! 

Dude!!

If you have a problem with a player ... take it off line and speak to him face to face. Bad form flaming some one where everyone can see. Sorry Ed but that's just a very wrong post on a lot of levels. I for one have played Josef quite a few times at Enfilade and at the Regional Portland/Seattle tourneys ... I find him a very strong player and strategically challenging (This opinion is coming from the Enfilade overall Champion ... 3 years in a row!! ... So I know of what I speak). I do not see him as a player that I have to keep an eye on where rules and measurement is concerned. He also happens to be a great ambassador of FOW as is known around the NW as such. I for one would stand with Josef and play him anytime ... and if you thought or concluded that he was speaking of you in his post ... at least he had the discreteness to only mention it in passing and without reference to any one person. In my mind ... the post you laid out has no place on this board!

I have reported your post to the moderator.

Lol.  Whatever.  

You set a game up to play with me, we communicated on it all day and then you started preparing to play a little kid.  I was pissy because thats not cool, and because I also wasn't going to tell the kid Warner he couldn't get his game in and you clearly were both unpacked and ready to go.  I told you as much,  Get off your high horse.  You're no victim dude.  You got impatient, made a bad decision and now it's on me.  Oh.  OK.  Sure.

As for this being directed at you:  It wasn't.  You're not who I was talking about at all.  Sorry if you felt picked on in some way.

As for 40K:  That's just a pile of crap.  Even if some dude said it, doesn't make it true.  There's enough sour grapes to go around.  If a rules discussion is all it takes to be a cheater, then most of the people reading this including you are cheaters.  So spare me.  No ones cheating and it wasn't directed at you ANYWAYS, to be clear.

Whoa Ed! 

Dude!!

If you have a problem with a player ... take it off line and speak to him face to face. Bad form flaming some one where everyone can see. Sorry Ed but that's just a very wrong post on a lot of levels. I for one have played Josef quite a few times at Enfilade and at the Regional Portland/Seattle tourneys ... I find him a very strong player and strategically challenging (This opinion is coming from the Enfilade overall Champion ... 3 years in a row!! ... So I know of what I speak). I do not see him as a player that I have to keep an eye on where rules and measurement is concerned. He also happens to be a great ambassador of FOW as is known around the NW as such. I for one would stand with Josef and play him anytime ... and if you thought or concluded that he was speaking of you in his post ... at least he had the discreteness to only mention it in passing and without reference to any one person. In my mind ... the post you laid out has no place on this board!

I have reported your post to the moderator.

Thanks.  

I agree with Bolo.

Personal issues are not for public forums.

Friendly smack talk can be part of the gaming fun, but going beyond that does not belong here.

Whatever the moderator does with the posts, I would like to let this one get pushed down the list of topics, so as to get less attention over time.

I started a new thread to continue the original topic.