Blood Angels FAQ

pretre

Wargames aren't life. It would be no more work than this to Errata Wolf Scouts down to 11 Points per Model, like all the other Scouts.

Also, that's not how a zero-sum game works. A zero-sum game is when any improvement for one party comes at the expense of another.

Not really the point?

My point is, just because someone else gets something doesn't mean you should.  There are copious differences between the two codex's to the point that its clearly possible that the strength the Space Wolves enjoy in some areas are simply counterbalanced somewhat by others.  

In the end it makes little difference.  i expect that similar FAQ's, just as what happened to dreadnoughts, will happen on this.  So be patient.  the "blue ribbon" way of thinking is coming.  Soon everyone will have scouts like this and it will move us onto the next inequity the gamer community is raging about, I imagine. 

Yeah, I know that theory. It holds in some areas. It does not for Wolf Scouts. They're exactly the same as regular Scouts, except more expensive, with less useful options, they're Elites instead of Troops, and there's less they can do to support the rest of the Dex. They were priced more expensively because at the time they had better WS/BS than all the other Scouts, but now that's been changed.

My point is, just because someone else gets something doesn't mean you should.  There are copious differences between the two codex's to the point that its clearly possible that the strength the Space Wolves enjoy in some areas are simply counterbalanced somewhat by others.  

Why not strive for internal balance and balance in general though?  

Obviously the best bang for you buck with Space Wolves is TWC and Wulfen.  What if lowering the cost of Wolf Scouts made them more likely to appear on the board and create diversity of armies!?  

Unlike a lot of other things, the Scouts and Dreadnoughts thing was the easiest to point to and say, "Fix this!" because its obviously a more 1:1 comparison compared to say the dynamics of Sanguinary guard vs lone wolves.  

Why not strive for internal balance and balance in general though?  

Obviously the best bang for you buck with Space Wolves is TWC and Wulfen.  What if lowering the cost of Wolf Scouts made them more likely to appear on the board and create diversity of armies!?  

Unlike a lot of other things, the Scouts and Dreadnoughts thing was the easiest to point to and say, "Fix this!" because its obviously a more 1:1 comparison compared to say the dynamics of Sanguinary guard vs lone wolves.  

Internal balance does not require you to get what everyone else has.

You're being obtuse. If you can't see how making wolf scouts cheaper creates better internal balance and how it is easier to make 1:1 erratas, then I don't know what to say.

There's nothing TO say.  Internal balance has nothing to do with anything but your own codex.  And within the confined of a single codex, a lower stat for Scouts isn't burying anyone's codex.  They are described within the codex as less developed marines or whatever.   it all fits.  its just the way they are, fluff wise.  

But the Blue Ribbon panel wants all the cakes, and like i said:   They will likely get it.  Just a matter of time.  

The one thing i do like for the sake of Blood Angels, is that the Blood Angels were suffering a bit and this probably, in the case of Blood Angels, isn't an unjustified attempt to bring them back a little bit.  It's like what other companies have shown a willingness to do:  correct unintended imbalances.  And from that perspective, i am highly supportive of them just coming out and saying "oops".

there are a few other examples of this, like the Firing point on the Immolator and the Dreadnoughts.  It's refreshing.  i am very excited to see this kind of thing.  But certainly NOT for the reason that "every scout should be the same".  i don't agree with that LOGIC.  That the codex's be somewhat balanced against each other as a whole?  That I can get behind.