Annihilation 5: Age of Annihilation

Good mix to start with:)

None of us have been playing artillery heavy lists,though I did see one list at the doubles event I attended,though we didnt have to play him.Basically he had several skaven arty units and did ok,,think he got pounded by monsters/ogres though.

Basically,having a couple of arty pieces to snipe with is nice,,building a list around arty now is not really effective,perhaps in the future when Steamhead Duardin come out or they add more battaliions of Ironweld arsenal.

Yah to be clear I just wanted one piece of artillery, just to help potentially round thinks out, plus its a cheap model and looks cool.

Also is it better to just do one leader and not a whole ton of them, I have a lot of leaders potentially but not sure if that is a good idea.

Don't get me thinking about the possibility of Steam Dwarfs I might have to cross over to the "light" side.

• Like 1

Here is what I was kicking around with for a list for this event, what does everyone think? With my Start Collecting Nurgle box and Silver Tower units I was able to come up with this list. I still have some stuff to buy to complete this. Do people like artillery in AoS?

HEROES

The Glottkin (480)

UNITS

Plaguebearers Of Nurgle x 10 (100)

Plague Drones Of Nurgle x 3 (220)

Nurglings x 3 (80)

Flamers Of Tzeentch x 3 (200)

Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch x 10 (140)

Chaos Marauders x 10 (60)

Chaos Knights x 5 (200)

Chaos Knights x 5 (200)

Bestigors x 10 (140)

WAR MACHINES

Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

WOUNDS: 127 TOTAL POINTS: 2000 / 2000

Hmm, nice list.  Can't wait to see it in action!  Love the mixing of things. :)

The event roster for OFCC forms about 6 mos ahead of time,and back in January the interest posts I made for OFCC here on the forums only showed about 3 others tops for interest in playing AoS at OFCC...I believe the minimum number of entrants to have an event happen is 8.

At that time the Generals Handbook didnt exist,even though there were several  balanced fan comps being used in other regional events,players in this area seem to require an "official" point system in order to play the game.

As for OFCC next year,just need someone to step up and run the event,,myself,im rather burned out on trying and I have my doubts is will ever really be an accepted game within Ordo.

I wasn't interested in organizing an event to support a club that not only wasn't supportive of the game, but whose leadership actively denigrated it.

If that changes, and the club works to build community and support the game, then next year I'll run something.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How, exactly, will the sideboard work? I'm somewhat curious. Do you get to see your opponent's list, and then sub in your 500pts however you want? Do you know just their faction before deciding how to alter things? Can your sideboard be used to change your declared allegiance for the army? Etc.

This is from the LVO2017 AoS GT Rules and likely what we will be following here;

"In order to use units from your Sideboard each game use the following process.

1: Both armies and sideboards must be placed on the table beforehand so everything that is available can be seen by both players. It should be made clear, both in your army lists and on the table, what is your main army and what is your sideboard.

2: Before deciding Territories, the players must roll off. The loser of the roll of decides if they wish to replace Warscrolls in their army with a Warscroll from their sideboard.

3: If they do, then they may remove as many Warscrolls from their main army list as they want, and replace them with one Warscroll from their sideboard, bearing in mind the following:

• The addition of sideboard Warscrolls may not take an army above 2,000 points.

• Their army must still adhere to all minimum and maximum restrictions for Battleline units, Leaders, Behemoths and Artillery Pieces after the new Warscroll has been added."

Also,in the army construction part is states that armies must only include warscrolls from one chosen Grand Alliance.