6th Elvensword Ambassadorial Tournament

Lord Hanaur

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of other issues that have come up while reading/playtesting the missions:

-What board edges do units fall back towards/arrive from reserve on in Blitzkrieg? Short edges, long edges, or the L-shape area that is along a player's deployment zone?

-Do the No Man's Land abilities in Secure the Tarmac affect flyers? If so, will they still auto-pass the dangerous terrain test incurred as they do with all others?

-Are the objective markers in Evacuation considered to be impassible terrain, the way the markers are in other missions? It is the only one whose text does not specify.

-Does The Shrine Point mission use the First Blood objective? Missions say that they use FB, Linebreaker, and Warlord "unless otherwise noted," but unlike all of the other missions Shrine Point specifically calls out the latter two in its own text.

-When "sacrificing" a unit for The One, what happens to any other Independent Characters attached to the unit- are they removed as well? If so, do they count towards the "at least 75pts" restriction on the unit that must be sacrificed?

-Can the two "secondary" lightning towers in Super Eclipse not be placed within 12" of the central tower, or just not within 12" of each other?

-When rolling to end Night Fighting on Super Eclipse, are the rolls made each player turn or each game turn?

-Are Assassins or Inquisition allowed to be included in Armies of the Imperium this year?

• Like 2

Mkay then!

I would quickly like to thank those like Westryder, Abusepuppy and Tamwulf, as well as several others who asked good questions about the missions and Tournament rules.  

I have just sent a batch of changes to the Web guy.  He's at a huuuuge concert tonight so I anticipate that it will be a day or two before they show up.  hehehee.  

Anywho, very constructive so thank you.

• Like 1

Finally decided to comment on this one. From the website...

Format related points of unclarity:

-Unclear usage of the "0-1" concept. In the past, GW used this to denote FoC selections that could be taken 1, or none. Your system doesn't clarify if they mean 0-1 models or 0-1 selections...For example, the TAU gargantuan can take 1-3 models with each LoW slot. Does the 0-1 superheavy/gargantuan mean that the TAU can take a full squad of gargantuans, or would TAU be limited to a single model? And if to further confuse, 0-1 is also used on fortifications, which is a FoC slot, not a specific model quantity.

-Day 1 says lunch will be provided. Day 2 does not (unclear if this is intentional). Furthermore, details on what lunch entails don't seem to be attainable on the site. 

-Says I require bringing 6 objectives. Doesn't clarify what constitutes an objective. If something specific is intended, should clarify.

-Says to bring Large and small blasts, plus the template teardrop. Are the larger blasts and hellstrom template banned? It is very possible to include the larger blast weapons within codex limitions and within the ITC rules. Implies that these are banned or that they will be provided (like dice are provided).

-Link on format page for FAQs required to bring goes to GW Errata: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata Your FAQ for the event, links the FAQs found on the black library site: http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html Although the downloads appear to be the same thing, it is odd that you'd have two different sources for your FAQ usage of the same topic.

-Painting requirement is vaguely written, but as I read it, models that are not fully painted/based are removed from your army, but the player continues, just with less models. What is unclear, is how the game progresses with those models gone...? And furthermore, if players are allowed to deliberately leave "weak link" models unpainted, so they don't impair their army during play. Like removing tax units that typically grant first blood to the opponent. Or used to make units smaller pre-game, so they can fit in transports their unit won't normally fit inside, due to minimum squad size requirements.

-Regarding quitting. Is the intention to amend the Sudden Death Victory requirements from the BRB? Or are you talking about quitting the tournament itself, rather than conceding a specific game? As per the BRB, conceding a game is part of the GW rules for Sudden Death Victory (which can also be achieved by wiping the opponent's army). So, RAW, conceding a game qualifies as finishing the game.

0-1 will be clarified a bit and was included i nthe changes I already sent to the web guy.  Also, we wont be allowing two StormSurges, just one.  That will also be clear.

Objective markers are clarified in the main rulebook.  No need to add additional clarity to my site on that.

Assuming a unit legal to the entourage uses a certain hellstorm template...I suggest bringing it?  The alternative would be to leave it at home and with it, any value it may have held for your army.  =)

The FAQ link is a good catch.  I had not looked at that but i will let the web guy know about that.

While there may be some odd strategy to why someone would voluntarily want their models removed...  the rule stands.  If it does not meet the tournament requirements, well...it's gone as if it had never been there.  You are Ambassadors.  Three colors and some flocking?  Come on.  Easy as pie.  Even the worst painter (me) can do that.

Rage quitting isn't okay.  Finish your games.  If not for your opponents sake, then for the sake of the regard your opponent will hold you in.  If they wish to offer you terms of surrender and you accept, well that's  horse of a different color.  For example:  

Adepta Sororitas Ambassador:  "Worthy Space Wolf Ambassador, it has become clear to me that the remaining lives of your men might best be served returning alive to their tray.  In return for their orderly withdrawal I offer absolution in the form of this bottle of ale.  Do you accept my gracious offer?"

Space Wolf Ambassador:  "The Emperors assets are not to be wasted on lost causes and so it is with humility that I accept the gift of my mens life in exchange for this bottle of Ale but it would be unbecoming of a Space Wolf to drink alone, nor offer no company to such a lovely Ambassador as yourself and as I still have my junk, unlike the rest of these loutish Space Marine Chapters, I insist that you accompany me to the bar and quaff one along with me".

Adepta Sororitas Ambassador:  "Your surrender is therefore accepted and absolution granted.  Let us away to the aforementioned watering hole, Ambassador, and regale the other Ambassadors with the lies of your brave, but ultimately futile resistance".

This would be acceptable.

Objective markers are clarified in the main rulebook.  No need to add additional clarity to my site on that.

While there may be some odd strategy to why someone would voluntarily want their models removed...  the rule stands.  If it does not meet the tournament requirements, well...it's gone as if it had never been there.  You are Ambassadors.  Three colors and some flocking?  Come on.  Easy as pie.  Even the worst painter (me) can do that.

Rage quitting isn't okay.  Finish your games.  If not for your opponents sake, then for the sake of the regard your opponent will hold you in.  If they wish to offer you terms of surrender and you accept, well that's  horse of a different color.  

By objective markers in the BRB, you mean the page 134

These points are designated by using specially modeled markers, coins, or counters around 1 to 2 inches in diameter.

Kinda surprising that you'd provide dice and lunch, but poker chips need to be supplied by the players.

Regarding the paint, the models aren't destroyed, they just simply aren't there at all? For example, Cultist squad of 20 models, include 2 heavy weapons (heavy stubbers). Now let's say I want to start them in a rhino. If don't paint 10/20, can I really start them in a rhino for this event? Also, I can only take 1 stubber for every 10 models. If my two stubbers are amoung the painted models, can I keep both, since I'm paying for all 20, even if I only have 10 painted models?

Not a fan of rage quits either. Just wanted to clarify, since you are using the term "finished" to refer to games where one player concedes, which in the BRB, would still be considered a finished game. I see nothing wrong with amending the BRB for the event, I was just pointing out the unclarity there.

Anyway, sounds like a fun event. I doubt any of these will actually come up, but I have fun with this sort of feedback. Good luck with the event. 

Worthy Ambassadors, we are happy to report that we have an update. The Ambasadorships for the Chaos Daemons have been claimed. Tremble.

We also have our first Dark Eldar Ambassador; and while slaving will not be permitted between matches, no such strictures will be enforced in the Elvensword Arena itself. You are warned.

Corvallis is halfway down Oregon, maybe 3 hours North of me.  One of the things in my consideration of going or not is sleeping, and how long I won't be sleeping in my own bed.  And two hour difference in start time can make the difference between Corvallis, Eugene, Bend, or further south being able to drive home or not that night.  

I already know I won't be able to attend this year, so I'm not fretting it right now, but it is a concern I understand.

Doug, a local who lives just a couple minutes from the venue said he could host two people.  Might weant to join the Facebook page and hit him up about it?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought you might enjoy a glimpse into mission one of the tournament.  We did a video battle report.  I am no expert at such things but the video quality turned out well.  Feel free to take a look, as the Grey Knights take on the dreaded Eldar.  Lists and such are in the comments section.

It was a fun practice game and it was a fight to the very end.

• 5 weeks later...

I can't post on Facebook, but I'm totally down with letting them in. The more the merrier.

It is done.  All factions are now represented.  We do however have a Dark Eldar player who has a sudden and unexpected schedule change by his boss, so he is now unable to attend.  Bummed about that.  If there is a Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle or Adeptus Mechanicus player about, and you think they would make a good Ambassador, let me know.  =)

• Like 1

IMPORTANT NOTE TO AMBASSADORS: Please PM me today or tomorrow and let me know that you WILL BE wanting a massage during the tournament, between rounds, at lunch and so on. Again, $5 and she will come in at 1:00 to begin. You will pay my assistant and she will give you a signed biz card which is your ticket for it. =) i will hand out cards to those who PM me as we start the show, so keep it handy.

Menus will be available when we first start as well. Please get those back to my assistant as soon as possible so we can get your lunch orders in. We are nearly prepared for your arrivals Ambassador.

PARKING:  Please note, Ambassadors, that the shop has a parking lot directly in front and directly behind it.  Please park your cars BEHIND the Game Matrix.  This will maximize our room.  Parking is typically plentiful but as this is a GT, and we will be here all day, it makes sense not to take the front parking to the extent we can avoid it.  This announcement should help us avoid having to delay the start of the tournament with people going to re-park their cars.  =)