Store Promo Chaplain

pretre

Forgive me, but I believe you are mistaken.  This singular model, though it may be, is a functional model for not less than FOUR factions, without conversions.

And it does petty convertable.

Though I agree, really don't need more chaplains. I've got a whole bag of metal chaplains I still haven't finished yet...

I love the new models Gee Dub is throwing out these days. No other company can make as detailed and fine model in plastic as Gee Dub and it shows. They are really stepping up their game with digital design and production.

The bad part: The way the sprue is cast and the model cut up means it can really only be assembled in one way, making conversions difficult. I'm kinda reminded of what it was like to convert metal miniatures. In that medium, the metal is what makes it difficult. In the plastic medium, its the intricate detail and mold cuts that make it difficult.

Still loving the models Gee Dub is producing these days.

The bad part: The way the sprue is cast and the model cut up means it can really only be assembled in one way, making conversions difficult. I'm kinda reminded of what it was like to convert metal miniatures. In that medium, the metal is what makes it difficult. In the plastic medium, its the intricate detail and mold cuts that make it difficult.

Are you looking at the same model?

14516478_10209305567869261_2391988797900

Just like Krom and a lot of other single sprue marine characters, you can easily convert them because the arms, shoulders, heads, etc are not directly molded and are separated at the point you would add another bit. For example, this mini, you could easily swap the arms for another set and still use the model. Same with shoulders, head, crozius, etc.

That's one of the best parts of these models is how easy they are to convert.

• Like 3

Are you looking at the same model?

14516478_10209305567869261_2391988797900

Just like Krom and a lot of other single sprue marine characters, you can easily convert them because the arms, shoulders, heads, etc are not directly molded and are separated at the point you would add another bit. For example, this mini, you could easily swap the arms for another set and still use the model. Same with shoulders, head, crozius, etc.

That's one of the best parts of these models is how easy they are to convert.

Yeah, for this model, you can easily swap out the head and arms/weapons, but not the chest, or the overall pose without some heavy duty hacking. It also looks like you're stuck with the chest and the cape covers the entire back of the model.

They are getting better though!

Tam nailed my frustrations with GeeDub models lately. The trend towards "hey guys, check out what I can do with CAD!" at the expense of being modular has it's pros/cons. I keep hearing that the amounts of detail are amazing and gorgeous but I disagree. At a certain point all that extra stuff detracts from the model itself. Now it's just a mono-pose, bad model.