Haemotrope Reactor Rules

pretre

How are you getting that? It explicitly says that vehicles and MCs don't get a cover save for being 25% obscured by it.

That isn't what it says. All it says is to obtain the special cover save, you must meet additional requirements. There's no mention about not giving cover normally, just that it doesn't grant this special cover save.

haemothroope.jpg

Does not say vehicles do not get cover saves for being obscured by this model, as normal for anything on the battlefield. All it says is that the special 4+ cover is given to non-MC, non-vehicles who are "in cover behind a reactor" and that "this cover save" generates the power leak on 6s.

If you look at the BRB terrain rules (which are clear on this one), being "in cover behind" means only the models obscured 25% by the terrain feature will obtain a cover save. So models in front of the reactor don't get a cover save at all from this thing, it's only the ones taking cover behind it and still sticking out.

It also clearly says power leak kicks in only when getting a 6s on "this cover save" to indicated, that when you pick the best available save, you can pick another cover save that is better than this one, if you want to not risk power leaks. You can still get cover from lots of sources and the draft FAQ is clear that GW intends the best save to be whatever the player thinks is the best save at the moment. 7th makes it very easy to obtain lots of cover saves, and you pick the best one when saving.

Furthermore, vehicles get a 5+ cover save either by obscured by terrain or by intervening units (depending on how you define a toughness building, but it's definitely one of them). This is not the 4+ save above, it is a different cover save, so it doesn't apply to power leak, but also is only a 5+ cover save.

First Sentence: With the exception of Vehicles and monstrous creatures, a model in cover behind a reactor gets a 4+ cover save.

Correct, a model that isn't a vehicle or MC gains a 4+ cover save. The MCs and Vehicles are an exception to the above, and receive a normal cover save.

For the record, this is all spelled out very clearly on page 109 of the BRB. It says at the very top:

Battlefield Debris

Battlefield debris are difficult terrain. Unless otherwise stated, a model in cover behind difficult terrain has a 5+ cover save.

The reactor does "otherwise state" with regard to non-MC, non-vehicle models.

For vehicles and MCs, it still provides a 5+ cover for being difficult terrain obscuring 25% of the MC/vehicle. To deny a cover save to vehicles and MCs, the special rule would need to specify that vehicles and MCs didn't get a cover save at all for this particular battlefield debris.

There is no such thing as a "normal cover save." There is no rule that grants a generic 5+ cover save just for being obscured by anything- being obscured by friendly/enemy models is a 5+ cover save (but this model specifically excepts that), and being obscured by many kinds of terrain is a 5+ cover save (but this terrain has its own rules and thus does not use the datasheets for any terrain from the BRB.)

There is no such thing as a "normal cover save." There is no rule that grants a generic 5+ cover save just for being obscured by anything- being obscured by friendly/enemy models is a 5+ cover save (but this model specifically excepts that), and being obscured by many kinds of terrain is a 5+ cover save (but this terrain has its own rules and thus does not use the datasheets for any terrain from the BRB.)

I've got it quoted above. You are correct, it isn't called a "normal cover" save, I'm not using a term. I'm saying the normal cover save is 5+ for being obscured by units or battlefield terrain. And I do have the rule quoted that gives a 5+ cover for being obscured. The rules listed specifically call this out as battlefied debris, so the quote does apply, except where specifically mentioned. The rules for this battle field debris apply differently to non-vehicles/MC, but they are specifically listed as being exempted from the modified cover save rules for this fortification. 

Page 108-109, BRB, look it up, see if it makes more sense to you then. Otherwise we'll just wait until we are in person, because this one is very obvious, but I can't seem to express this online in a manner that is understood, so we're talking in circles.

Someone pointed out that the entry for the Plasma Syphon in the INQ Draft FAQ expands the "Rulebook Definition" of Plasma Weapons. It adds Plasma Grenades, Combi-Plasmas, and anything with the word "Plasma" in the name of the Weapon. Still doesn't cover The Lion's Roar or The Fury of Baal as far as I can tell, tho, since those are only referred to as Plasma Weapons in the fluff. Or maybe it does, maybe they consider the fluff description of Fury of Baal as a unique Plasma Pistol to fold it in under those. IDK. This also does nothing to address how the Reactors interact with Plasma Weapons that don't normally have the Gets Hot Rule.

I would assume that as long as there is a connection, it would work for both. Same way it would work for both if they were both within 6" of the Reactors.

I also find it amusing, because they specified that those are Promethium Relay Pipes, rather than just making them generic pipelines. So, when connected in a network, the Plasma Reactors aren't actually directly feeding Plasma or some other form of energy to the Obliterator, they're using it to pump napalm to the Obliterator, which is then somehow used to overcharge the Plasma Generator on that.

Do the pieces touch?

But does that make it connected, or are they just touching? Living next door to a power plant, doesn't automatically mean I'm on the same power grid.

I am/was joking for the record, since the topic had devolved into questioning the reality of the fictional model. Not hugely funny, just dry humor.