PourSpelur

Ordo Fanaticus April 2017 Hobby Progress Challenge

19 posts in this topic

In an effort to combat the scourge that is Grey Plastic we shall band together and contribute to the Ordo Fanaticus 2017 Hobby Progress Challenge!

Let's keep this simple shall we?

Each month reply to this thread with your stated miniature hobby painting commitment.  The goal is a painted unit per month.

Ex:

"I will assemble and paint this box of Space Marines"

"I will paint this assembled Chariot I bought off eBay"

Include a dated picture of the project you intend to finish.  A description doesn't qualify.

When you have completed said stated goal, post a dated picture of the completed commitment, quoting the original post.

If you finish early, start another project, but be warned, the deadline for the project is the end of the month in which it is started.  Not 30 days from posting.

Those members that have completed their stated monthly goal will be placed in a raffle, from which I will draw a winner.  I will send the winner a prize.

At the end of the year the member that has completed the most goals win a better prize. In the case of a tie the members will be placed in a raffle, from which I will draw a winner.

Remember to quote your original post so progress for the month may be easily verified.  Failure to do so will DISQUALIFY the entry.

Valid projects:

10+ infantry figures

3+ medium sized models (siege machines, killa kans, ogres, etc)

1+ large model (Vehicle, big monster, etc)

Don't be a tool and post stuff you've already done. This is on the honor system.

Go! Challenge begins now!

InfestedKerrigan likes this

This month I am looking to paint these three sentinels and build (and hopefully paint) the scions as well. 

I only have 5 of the scions pictured here as the others have yet to arrive in the mail (got them in a trade)

large.IMAG0911.jpg.59932c8cedb0bb2d3e79d

Romans832 likes this

2 hours ago, DasBox said:

BEHOLD! A Turox that looks good. And was rebuilt from a bad glue job too!

Before:(wheels were bluetacked on)

3hd5eTo.jpg

After:(I think it needs more kit)

L63j2On.jpg

Completed:(now with gubbinz)

Cqxbjc9.jpg

Romans832 likes this

16 hours ago, DasBox said:

BONUS PROJECT! Since I finished my project for the week early I started another this morning. Should have it finished by noon tomorrow.

BONUS PROJECT: Finished.

BaEvKaj.jpg

Romans832 likes this

OfG0Rl8.jpg

Because I'm a monster I shall start a new project for this week. Well I built most of it yesterday but painting starts today. BEHOLD! The mighty S.U.P.E.R. K3-17H! My Scratch built Onagar Dune Crawler.

Romans832 likes this

On 4/11/2017 at 11:56 AM, DasBox said:

OfG0Rl8.jpg

Because I'm a monster I shall start a new project for this week. Well I built most of it yesterday but painting starts today. BEHOLD! The mighty S.U.P.E.R. K3-17H! My Scratch built Onagar Dune Crawler.

Because I have far too much free time. Another finished project.

Wpw29Ec.jpg

Edited by DasBox
Wifi password in background.
WestRider, Romans832 and jollyork like this

Splinx: I've never been able to make red on green work without looking like Christmas. The white outline on the red dags makes all the difference in the world. Well done!

Pumpkin: Hot damn, them's some good lookin bugs!

DasBox: It's become clear that you must have a robot arm set to "paint and assemble awesome minis" that operates while the weak, fleshy bits sleep. Ace stuff!

Romans832 and DasBox like this

I thought the trade was gonna fall through....but I ended up getting the Tempestus, I have the armies glued in the poses but not attatched so I can paint their beautiful chest details. 

I also assembled some random heroes for my IG 

large.IMAG0928.jpg.52b335cb0f7a052dea431

Romans832 likes this