Nurgle Plague Tower, looking for help on stats.

peter.cosgrove

Just now, peter.cosgrove said:

I was thinking for the descending modifiers do Movement 5"/4"/3" and BS 4/5/6

BS makes sense. With movement that slow, I really think you should look into using the building rules. Tau have rules for buildings that can move in Index xenos 2. Seems like modifying a bastion would make more sense here, than treating this as a normal vehicle. 

1 minute ago, VonVilkee said:

don't take away it's charge! How did those corpses get there? Crush things please. 

Could always just have it count as charging if it manages to make melee range with it's slow speed. Makes very little sense having a vehicle that can move at double or quadrouple speed in the charge phase only...

1 hour ago, paxmiles said:

BS makes sense. With movement that slow, I really think you should look into using the building rules. Tau have rules for buildings that can move in Index xenos 2. Seems like modifying a bastion would make more sense here, than treating this as a normal vehicle. 

Yeah. The tidewall stuff makes sense as well. Can't advance or charge.

2 minutes ago, peter.cosgrove said:

Something odd about a tower that can only move 6" being able to jump up to 12 inches

I was under the impression you were using the storm lord chassis... didn't know you were changing the movement... also any other vehicle you looking at can't charge? Most infantry moves 6... your death guard terminators move 4" and can charge 12...

1 hour ago, VonVilkee said:

I was under the impression you were using the storm lord chassis... didn't know you were changing the movement... also any other vehicle you looking at can't charge? Most infantry moves 6... your death guard terminators move 4" and can charge 12...

I like the stormlord because it crosses over. It's in both sets of rules and it has rules that match. The Extended Gun Platform that you can shoot out of.

I wouldn't even have looked at it if you hadn't brought it up. But I think that keeping more to the flavor of a slow moving tower of wood with diseases pus dripping out of it being powered/pushed by nurglings.

4 minutes ago, peter.cosgrove said:

I like the stormlord because it crosses over. It's in both sets of rules and it has rules that match. The Extended Gun Platform that you can shoot out of.

I wouldn't even have looked at it if you hadn't brought it up. But I think that keeping more to the flavor of a slow moving tower of wood with diseases pus dripping out of it being powered/pushed by nurglings.

Too bad the stormlord isn't on the list traitor guard vehicles...

1 hour ago, paxmiles said:

Too bad the stormlord isn't on the list traitor guard vehicles...

The Stormlord has 3 structure points/30 wounds at a 3+ save. The squiggoth has 8 wounds/36 wounds at a 4+ save. The NPT has 6 structure points and I think 4+ save/5+ daemonic with DR is appropriate, so how many wounds?

What about 32 wounds?

12 minutes ago, PourSpelur said:

I've always loved the plague tower. Immediately checked every Imperial Armour in hopes it got updated rules.

Would really dig an excuse to make one.

Yeah it didn't... didn't even get updated to 7th... it was left in like the 5th ed apoc

I have all of them so I still knew what was going on but it was a weird one. Once the bane blade kit was made GW only really updated that chassis and gave us some nurgle stuff there...

Baneblade sounds best in my book too. Plus Traitor Guard can take a Baneblade (but not all the variants), so would be very easy to add to a Chaos Army. No transport capacity in a baneblade, but nothing you've described in rules really makes sense on why you'd be putting models inside anyway (it's an expensive, slow, transport with short range, why I am adding to target priority by transporting units...?)

The other one you could look into would be the Mastodon. That one fits the siege tower role a lot better, but is otherwise not really a comparable model. 

I'm really hoping that GW makes some Chaos Daemon Transports which I can use my Warhammer Siege Towers as. Chaos daemons I can totally picture with wooden vehicles pulled from the warp.

1 hour ago, PourSpelur said:

I've always loved the plague tower. Immediately checked every Imperial Armour in hopes it got updated rules.

Would really dig an excuse to make one.

Was never an imperial armour model, as far as I know. Plague tower was in the GW apocalypse rules and was release as a Dataslate on their website. 

Though I think it was an Epic/adepticus mechanicus model. 

no. What they did was take a baneblade kit and sliced it apart, stuck it upright so the bottom is facing forward, cut holes in it for guns and added all the other bits on with glue, then where the kit ended they tacked tounge depressers on with more glue, added the mortar and called it good.

I'm not finding any datasheets for the mastodon

The other bit is figuring out how many wounds. 3 structure points is somewhere around 26-32 wounds. The NPT has twice that amount.

If you figure that a lascannon would have a 50% chance to remove a structure point, doing 3.5 damage per. Thats around 7 damage per structure point. Baneblade at 3 structure points would be somewhere around 21 wounds, but the Stormlord is also 3 structure points with 30 wounds. The Revenant Titan has 3 structure points/32 wounds. Warhound Scout Titan has 3 structure points with 2 void shields/35 wounds with a 4+ void shield. Gauss Pylon is 2 structure points 4+ cover save/30 wounds.

I'm having a hard time finding anything with that many structure points. 6 structure points

The Warlord Battle Titan has 9 Structure points with 6 void shields/70 wounds and 3+ void shield. Stompa is 4 structure points/40 wounds.

51 minutes ago, peter.cosgrove said:

The other bit is figuring out how many wounds. 3 structure points is somewhere around 26-32 wounds. The NPT has twice that amount.

If you figure that a lascannon would have a 50% chance to remove a structure point, doing 3.5 damage per. Thats around 7 damage per structure point. Baneblade at 3 structure points would be somewhere around 21 wounds, but the Stormlord is also 3 structure points with 30 wounds. The Revenant Titan has 3 structure points/32 wounds. Warhound Scout Titan has 3 structure points with 2 void shields/35 wounds with a 4+ void shield. Gauss Pylon is 2 structure points 4+ cover save/30 wounds.

I'm having a hard time finding anything with that many structure points. 6 structure points

The Warlord Battle Titan has 9 Structure points with 6 void shields/70 wounds and 3+ void shield. Stompa is 4 structure points/40 wounds.

I believe the Reaver Titan had 6 Structure Points, and it's T10/W60. The Warlord has fewer Wounds than you might expect because it's T16 and has a 2+ Sv vs. the 3+ on the Warhound and Reaver.

I would probably go for T7/W60/Sv4+, 5++. Relatively easy to put Wounds on it, as Super-Heavies go, but you need to put a lot on there.

45 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Index Imperial Armor Chaos pg 29

It's actually the best candidate, imho. It's the most true to the Apoc Datasheet.

Hellforged Mastodon, to be exact. And the weapons really don't match, but in role of a siege assault vehicle for apocalyse, it is spot on. Got it on my list of transport costs. 830pts minimum. Here, this beast: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Legion-Mastodon