AdMech work log

KAPcom

KAPcom is taking AdMech to OFCC! Figured I'd keep you guys updated on the progress thus far.

First thing I decided to work on is the new robots. These are such awesome models, and ripe for conversion. I decided to make a pair of big daddy's, so a bit of green stuff work would be necessary.

IMAG1030.jpg

• Like 3

Still working on the robots, but am taking a break to design some admech drop pods. The concept is something that can function to transport smaller troops inside, but act as a "sky crane" for the larger models (size wise, there's no way 3 battle servitors would come anywhere close to fitting in a regular drop pod). I drew up an initial design, and will be making a 3D model to be cut from MDF. Critiques welcome and encouraged. :)

IMAG1031.jpg

• Like 2

Finished the 3D model! Working in layers was a bit difficult, but I think it turned out pretty cool. The entire model will be laser cut from mdf and cost less than $4 in materials. The individual layers will then be glued together and end up with a really durable, paintable model. I'd love to see if there's an interest for something like this to mass produce, I've been considering getting together a kickstarter for more models produced in this fashion. Anyways, enjoy!

Ortho.png

Front.png

• Like 5

Would you consider shipping some to Ireland? I would like to add some to my Skitarii...I think they would look cool orange!

As a Joe Shmo who has no deal with UPS or the like, shipping outside US is incredibly EXPENSIVE. They're really light and don't take up a lot of space, anyone here have experience with reasonable international shipping?

As a Joe Shmo who has no deal with UPS or the like, shipping outside US is incredibly EXPENSIVE. They're really light and don't take up a lot of space, anyone here have experience with reasonable international shipping?

Ebay has a new thing where you ship it to an ebay facility in the US and then they take responsibility for getting it to the country in question. I'd try that route.

Basically, you'd create an ebay listing and inform the buyer. They'd buy it and you'd go through ebay. Seller fees and such would need to be calculated in, but there are online sites to calculate that for you.

My mother is really into ebay these days....

Apparently, you can ebay create ebay auctions where only a single buyer is eligible for the sale.

Anyway, that would be the "reasonable" way to do it, despite the extra cost and time to set it up.

Would you consider shipping some to Ireland? I would like to add some to my Skitarii...I think they would look cool orange!

@imperialjawa:

I don't think I'd be able to ship to Ireland, but here's a company that produces some awesome drop pods that does. I've bought a lot of models from him, and they're all great. He offers discounts for spending over $100 and has pretty reasonable shipping. 

https://www.miniaturescenery.com/ProductPage.asp?Code=BNKTL

And my favorite: 

https://www.miniaturescenery.com/ProductPage.asp?Code=VH1MK2TRANS

Hope this helps. :)