New Army For 2013-14: Nurgley Beastmen Blog

Doombull is just about finished.  I need to do the detail on his base and then he's good to roll out.  After that I can focus on infantry and grind them out until the army is good to go.  

I think wednesday will be devoted to building a display board and painting it up.  Nothing too spectacular, but something better than a blank bit of wood this year.

• Like 1

Man, minotaurs really are sucktastic for their points.  If I had time for the OFCC, I would have painted up my pestigor models and used them instead.  Still, the minos are a nice OFCC choice, so I'm not really upset about bringing them.  I played two games with them tonight, and they did very little other than make big units smaller and die horribly.  

The hydra, on the other hand, it a welcome addition to the list.  Having another monster is great fun.  I've been trying to keep my doombull, the hydra, and the ghorgon all together to act as a hard-hitting trio of models.   If I ever successfully get them all into the same combat, it will be brutal. 

Thank's for the games, RD and Nater.

On the painting front:  The fly-bull is completely finished now, and I got the second chariot and harpies primed today.  By some miracle I have Tuesday and Wednesday off this week, so I plan to have the GF help me marathon-paint the rest of the list.  I'm pretty happy with everything so far, and am really excited to see it all finished up.

• Like 1

Everything is painted and based except for my BSB and second chariot.  The Minos are done, I'm in the process of basing the last two.  I set the army up and made measurements for a display board, I will pick up the materials for it after work tonight so that I can get it started before going to sleep.  I don't have time for anything real grand, so in an effort to reduce the work load I'm minimizing he spaces between units.  Still, I think it's going to look pretty damn good when it's all together.

• Like 1

My brother is coming into town a day early, which is messing up my time-table.  Hopefully everything will still go smoothly tomorrow.

Here's a crappy phone picture of the nearly-finished army.

photo2.jpg

Once the movement trays are sprayed it will all look a lot more cohesive.  I do love looking at that big sea of green!

The Hydra had to be a bit of a rush job, but he looks just fine for what he does.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Re-opening the thread as the Beastmen get some extra attention!  I'm working on this list for the Rose City tourny coming up in May.

Beastmen (Required Painting: Rambull, 3 Shaman, 20-ish ungor)

Doombull (General) - Gnarled Hide, Sword of Swift-Slaying, Dawnstone, Ramhorn Helm, Shield

Doombull - Magic Carpet, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield, Great Weapon

Great Bray Shaman - Talisman of Endurance, Fencer's Blades, Jagged Dagger, Level 4, Beasts/Death/Undeath

Wargor - BSB, Beast Banner, Heavy Armor, Shield

Bray Shaman - Herdstone, Shadow

Bray Shaman - Chalice of Dark Rain, Shadow

Bray Shaman - Dispel Scroll, Shadow

50 Gors - Extra Hand Weapons, Full Command

31 Ungors - Full Command

5 Raiders

5 Raiders

Razorgor Chariot

Razorgor

Razorgor

Razorgor (or 5 harpies)

2499 points, 15.4 on comp (13 with lore of undeath)

I have only played with the Herdstone in a characters-only game before, so using it for real will be new.  I got a few new shaman set up and ready to get painted:

photo%204.jpg

Other than that I have some more nurgling ungors to get painted, and am working on a model for my ramhorn doombull.  It's nice knowing that most of the army is already done...pics to come as more progress is made!

• Like 1

Had a game with Fixxer at WoW last night, and the beasts had just about as much luck as I can hope for in a game.  The chalice shut down his shooting in the first turn, then his cannons failed him, I got the doombull on a long charge with my chariot, doombull killed his BSB, ungors (freaking ungors) killed his grey seer, and he failed to catch a big block with two units chasing.  Even though everything went right for me and wrong for him, I still think that this is a kick-ass beast list.  I look forward to using it in some more games.

It's also good to know that the flying doombull can take on a hellpit, well, at least 50/50.

Had a game with Fixxer at WoW last night, and the beasts had just about as much luck as I can hope for in a game.  The chalice shut down his shooting in the first turn, then his cannons failed him, I got the doombull on a long charge with my chariot, doombull killed his BSB, ungors (freaking ungors) killed his grey seer, and he failed to catch a big block with two units chasing.  Even though everything went right for me and wrong for him, I still think that this is a kick-ass beast list.  I look forward to using it in some more games.

It's also good to know that the flying doombull can take on a hellpit, well, at least 50/50.

its probably cause you arent rolling those nice regen saves for him ;)