Wood Elf Project

TJP,

Yup, your caster would not be taken alive and preferred the Warp to death at the hands of the WE.

Last night, I was thinking about the Lore of Athel Loren. I wish they would revisit the old Lore of Life spell list where the terrain would activate and attack those on it. I could see a Rain spell making the ground dangerous terrain and BS units not be able to fire or a Master of Stone having hills move and stun or damage units on it. Perhaps, there could be a mistress of the marsh spell that would half movement or even create small marshes on the battlefield. There could be a lighting bolt or wind gust type spell as well. 

Cheers,

RD

The Staff allows Tree Singing to be cast multiple times in a single spell phase and increases the distance the trees move. In 6th, I used the Staff in most battles. 

After work last night, I washed the greens and painted and Ungor skull on the base. 

Tonight, I will work on the owl. 

The bark girls and painted and flocked. While waiting for the flocking to dry, I went to spray paint my Eagle. Sadly, I cannot find the spray paint. My cat attacked it over the Christmas Break. Now, I cannot remember where I put the paint after the feline harassment.

Oh, Bother.

Hopefully, I will pick up some paint tomorrow at Guardian.

The Staff allows Tree Singing to be cast multiple times in a single spell phase and increases the distance the trees move. In 6th, I used the Staff in most battles.

After work last night, I washed the greens and painted and Ungor skull on the base.

There is no reason not to continue to use the staff RD.

Lore of AL isn't bad, sure it has a stinker or two, but some spells are outright great. It's an old lore too so only 6 spells, a Lvl 4 and 2 end up with the whole deal.

I feel its way misunderstood

Herozero,

I am not as enamored with the lore as you are. 

Tree Singing and Fury of the Forest are nice, but by no means great or potent spells

Hidden Ways is okay vs. mundane shooting and can move unit through terrain, but the range is limited.

The fear, terror spell is worthless. 

Ariel's Blessing is okay, but it does not help against Fire and Metal Spells.

Call of the Hunt is Winner and the last spell of it's type.

Every Lore, sans Lore of the Wild is better.

There is no reason not to continue to use the staff RD.

Lore of AL isn't bad, sure it has a stinker or two, but some spells are outright great. It's an old lore too so only 6 spells, a Lvl 4 and 2 end up with the whole deal.

I feel its way misunderstood

I played Bearfoot Adam's Bret's tonight. That is a tough army to crack. Woodies don't do well with 1+ rerollable armor saves matched with Wards and Leadership 10. The game ended in a tie. I ate his smalls. He killed mine. I veered from the dance at the end and went against his best unit. I should have picked of his men at arms and Knights Errant and avoided the rest of his army.

On the painting front, I finished and flocked the base for the Great Eagle. Tonight, I started on layering the eagle.

I played Bearfoot Adam's Bret's tonight. That is a tough army to crack. Woodies don't do well with 1+ rerollable armor saves matched with Wards and Leadership 10. The game ended in a tie. I ate his smalls. He killed mine. I veered from the dance at the end and went against his best unit. I should have picked of his men at arms and Knights Errant and avoided the rest of his army.

On the painting front, I finished and flocked the base for the Great Eagle. Tonight, I started on layering the eagle.

Curious what his army list was?

Mine right now is looking pretty nice visually but I'm worried about the game play… might be kinda on the weak side (lance of KotR, lance of Grails, and then Men at Arms and Bowmen plus 2 Trebs… does have a solid magic phase)

"And that's my famous ping-pong ball trick!"

I never thought of using the balloon like that. I know that you can get it to stand when applying using a blow-on applicator (tricks from when I was 8 and into model railroading) but I don't use grass on my current basing scheme so I haven't had a chance to even think about building one.