Wood Elf Project

Thank you Jim,

Rumor hint at Wood Elves being the May book!

Nathan,

In Game One, The Dragon ate 20 Quarrellers and the Anvil. He helped with the Iron Breakers as well.

In Game Two. He ate the Heralds Of Nurgle,  helped with the massive unit of Plague Bearers, the Pink Horror and Herald Block,  and the Beasts of Nurgle.

In Game Three, he helped with two big blocks of Ogres and the BSB, before dying.

In Game Four, he killed the Gor Character on the Razorgor Chariot, the level 4 and half the Bestigors.

In Game Five, the Dragon was cannoned, but the general lived and killed a Skaven Chieftain and a handful of Stormvermin.

The main key for the Dragon is the threat reach and the ability to move to open cracks in the battle wall. 

• Like 1

Eric, I'm getting set to play my first game of Fantasy in aeons next week. While I was planning on Warriors of Chaos, your tales of epicness just inspired me to dust off the Wood Elves. Congrats, and well done!

Awesome Jim, I'm happy to hear one of my favorite players is dusting off the minis!  Recently doing a little of the same myself :)

Sounds like you used him well.  I don't know about 8th but in past editions the trick has always been to be able to identify the combats he can threaten to win, and put him in position to force your opponent to think hard to avoid a mistake… usually something opens and you can combo up or just take a softer target solo.  Fast, hard hitting, tough to kill units are always good, almost regardless of cost, because a good player can use them to focus on opponents errors.  It's much harder to play the perfect battle line than to spot the weakness in it.

Congrats on the win Raindog! Thats a solid showing with a great army. I always feel like any army in a good generals hands can perform consistently enough to win close games. AWESOME JOB! 

Welcome back to the LIGHT, Jim.

8th edition is a solid game, Im glad you and NtK have come around. 

I will never forget the games I had with both of you guys at my first OFCC. YEARS AGO!

I played my Skaven against Jims Wood Elves and against NtKs Empire, good times.