Supplement Challenge.

HeroZero

I Challenge you to write your own supplement, fluff or not. This is for an Experiment. Consider current rules and game environment.

My take:

Shadow Warriors: A Raven Guard Supplement

All models in the primary detachment using thus supplement gain the following:

The following models without a dedicated transport gain the Infiltrate USR

- Tactical Squad

- Assault Squad

- Vanguard Veterans

- Sternguard Veterans

Any Model with access to the Heavy Weapons table may purchase a Sniper Rifle for +5 points.

HQ

Kavyaan Shrike: as Codex Space Marines.

ShadowSeer Ariak

Librarian stat line

Mastery Level 2

Force Staff, bolt pistol, Jump Pack.

Telepathy

Has Stealth USR.

Cloak of the Raven: Grants 5++ invulnerable, and bearer cannot be targeted by precision shot.

Claw Sergeant Kyarr

Vanguard Veteran upgrade +65 pts

Stats as Vanguard Veterans + 1 Attack

Master Crafted Lightning Claws, Jump Pack

Grants Hit and Run to Squad.

Relics

Overseer's lash: Power weapon, Strength as user, AP 5, Rending, Strike Down, *Bind

* on a Succesfu hit, reduce hit models attacks by D3, this can reduce a characters attack profile to Zero.

50 points.

Darkness Falls, Combi Weapon. May fire as a Master Crafted Bolter or use the following profile:

Range 24, Assault 1, Large Blast.STR 1.AP -, Blind

30 points.

Hunter's Spear: Str +1 Ap3. May be used as a ranged weapon with following profile: Range 8 Str X AP 3 , Assault 1. Poison 4+

40 points

Wings of Deliverance. Jump pack. Grants bearer : This unit gains Crusader USR, and may reroll all sweeping advance rolls.

35 points

The Rook's Gambit. One use only. When in a Challenge the bearer may use this item. Roll a D6. On a 4+ the bearer causes instant Death with all attacks for this challenge. If this roll is failed, all attacks generated by the.opponent cause instant death for this challenge.

10 points

The Raven's Eye: Auspex. When used this auspex reduces opponents cover save by -3. The bearer of this item ignores night fighting rules.

25 points.

Warlord Traits

1. Warlord may choose table side, regardless of dce results. Opponent automatically determines which player gains first turn the Warlord.may not seize the initiative.

.2.) Gain stealth USR

3.) Warlord rerolls all attacks vs any model chosen from chaos space marines, chaos daemons or any supplements from those codices.

4.) May redeploy one unit prior to scout moves.

5.) Gain Rending on All close combat attacks.

6.) Warlord may force their opponent to reroll any reserve roll. Warlord gains +1 to all reserve rolls.

This is a very rough draft, so it's incomplete and the Points are pretty random and there are probably other issues, but Alpha Legion:

- Chaos Lords/Sorcerers with Marks no longer unlock Cult Units as Troops.

- The Alpha Legion are masters of attacking from multiple angles and luring their enemies into traps with feigned retreats. All Models with Veterans of the Long War gain the Live to Fight Another Day special Rule: Models with this Rule double their Initiative when attempting to escape from Sweeping Advances, and can Run, fire at full Ballistic Skill, and/or Charge as normal on Turns when they Regroup. Furthermore, all such Models who do not have the Bulky, Very Bulky, or Extremely Bulky special Rules gain Infiltrate.

Warlord Traits:
1: Stealth for Warlord
2: Acute Senses for all Outflanking Units
3: Furious Charge for Warlord and Unit
4: Princeps of Deceit, as Main Rulebook table
5: Re-roll Reserves
6: Shock Tactics: Once per Game, declare at the start of the Shooting Phase. Select one Unit within 12" of the Warlord. That Unit's Shooting Attacks gain the Pinning and Blind special Rules for this Shooting Phase.

Artefacts:
- The Cloak of Mists: Character gains Shrouded. 50 Points, does not replace a Weapon.
- Backstabber: S: User, AP2, Wielder is not bound by the requirements of Champion of Chaos to Issue or Accept Challenges. 25 Points.
- The Alpharius Gambit: The first time the Bearer is slain, by any means, roll a d6 at the start of your next Turn. On a 1, the Bearer is dead. On a 2+, remove a randomly selected CSM Character in your Army from play, and place the Bearer within 3" of the removed Character's location, with d3 Wounds remaining, tho no more than the Bearer's original Wounds. 35 Points, does not replace a Weapon.
- The Blade of Deceit: S; User, AP3, Rending, Wielder is WS10. 30 Points.
- The Hydra Blade: S: User, AP3, Daemon Weapon, roll 2 dice and take the highest for the number of attacks generated by the Hydra Blade. If the sum of both dice is 4 or less, treat it as a 1 on a normal Daemon Weapon. 40 Points.
- Spirit of the Hydra: Every time the Bearer loses a Wound, add one Attack to his Profile. This remains even if the Wounds are regained by some means. 15 Points, does not replace a Weapon.

I like the idea of the Ravenguard supplement that you propose, but I think I'd simply alter the main Codex CT to include jump pack troops, but NOT units in vehicles; keep the stealth on turn one and keep the jump pack buff.  

Just like how the Sentinels of Terra altered how Bolter Drill works, this would both give the Ravenguard what we all wanted, SCOUTING jump pack troops.  It also takes away scouting vehicles which should be a White Scars thing.  

I like all your characters and items as well.  I think I'd keep it simple and have a sarge upgrade that gives a single Tactical squad infiltrate.  I'd also have an ITEM that gives hit and run, maybe a jump pack?  

• Like 1

Fluger, the reason I didn't do that would make it 100 percent pointless NOT to field the supplement. The point is never to invalidate the maim dex.

I do like your suggestion on keeping it simple.

No comment on Sniper rifles on Devs eh? I think that would be incredibly fun.

Well, it's not like people are lining up to make ravenguard lists right now.  The only effective way to even benefit from their CT is to use the scout move, which you can do with Khan-led WS better.  But if you wanted to run an all mech force with scouting, you could just not use Khan on a bike and do it with RG CT.  

So, the point was to actually get them to use JUMP PACKS in a RG force.  

The sniper rifles on Devs is definitely interesting, fluffy, and sensible, the only drawback is that there are no models for it.  

World Eaters:

All models in your Primary Army Any unit with the Mark of Khorne may receive Berzerker Implants if it doesn't already have them.  Khorne Berzerkers count as having them already equipped.  Sorcerers may not be taken.  Units that begin the game with 8 models gain Hatred and Adamantium Will for the remainder of the game.

Berzerker Implants. 5 pts per model.  Fearless, +1WS +1A Furious Charge.

Chosen may take Juggys as Mount for 35 points.

Vehicles may be Dedicated to Khorne for 20 pts.  Walkers gain +1 attack, +1 WS.  Transport Vehicles gain Assault Vehicle.  If Vehicle already has Assault Vehicle Special Rule, adds +d3" to it's movement instead.  Vehicle gains a 5+ Deny the Witch.

Heavy Support:

Teeth of Khorne 

WS 5 BS 5 S 4 T 4 W 2 I 4 A 2 Ld 10

Relentless.  Reaper Autocannon. Berzerker Implants. Fearless. Furious Chage.  

Unit Size 1-16

35 pts / model

Just a starting place on the fly