Small Club Facebook rant

intrizic

We have a Facebook page we almost never use.

On the surface this is a BFD kind of a thing: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfd

But, if you take the blue pill and go down the rabbit hole a little bit I will explain the importance of the FB.

We are an active and talented bunch of gamers, we really really are, believe that, this is a FACT and it is the TRUTH.  We have gifted ourselves with an amazing gaming community.

I have been reaching out to potential sponsors for the June 21st Warhamster open 40k tournament, most notably is Worldsmith industries :D, Dreamforge games.  They only way some of these potential sponsors will have any idea who we are as a club, potentially, is Facebook.

We need pictures of game nights, Tuesday night gaming, painted figs, Apoc battles, pics of painted kickstarter models, you get the picture.

So when people from the club reach out to potential sponsors, or gaming companies for which we want to run events for their games ( i probably could have said that better ), they can research us and see that we are active and would be a good club to support.

Rant off

:) Timothy, the fact that Kacy was rude to you means you are well and truly a Warhamster! I dont know the Warhamster Facebook, else Id tell you. Heck, I barely have a cell phone.

What's the answer, then? Our own forum? We seem too small for that. A blog? We could be totally retro an go the MySpace route. Maybe just create one big, continuous google doc? You young uns are supposed to know this stuff! If it were up to me, we'd be all usenet, FTP, and irc.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bellingham-Warhamsters/497933610254507

This is the FB page. I don't have you as a friend Corey but I can make you a mod if you accept my request.

Apologies for not doing more. There hasn't been a lot happening lately and I have been distracted. Anyways I will pay more attention. With 2 people working on it we should be able to keep up with things.

If you guys are interested in your own website/WordPress, you could ask Veskit really nice like (and call him a dirty canuck and a jerk)  you can probably share our web host.  We can set up any number of domains, so you'd just have to get one (warhamsters XXX.com?).  Might be nice to share the hosting cost, but that's between you and Dan.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.