Factoria GW (aka Battle Bunker) closing down Feb 23

Swan-of-War

From their Facebook page -

The Factoria Hobby Center will close it's doors for the last time on Sunday, February 23rd. You are invited to stop in and celebrate the many shared battles and pinnacle moments that have taken place at the store! Fear not - there are other stores close at hand such as the Games Workshop: Freeway V and Games Workshop: Kent Station.

Didn't the Seattle area have 7 locations just a few years back?

I tried giving 8th another chance last summer and wound up going in there to get some information and look at things that were not in stock up at Games and Gizmos.  The service was terrible.  High pressure combined with a lack of attention to the questions that the customer actually asked.

I can understand getting rid of the floor space for gaming tables but given that the rest of the store was not helpful I agree with Munkie.

Aric, the current solo-manager, is a nice guy and I wish him well.  I dropped by a couple weeks back for an impulse buy and they were woefully out-of-stock on a bunch of things.   He offered to order it online but, if I'm going to be bothered to shop online there's plenty of other places offering it cheaper.  

Lesson learned - discouraging people from using your premium-priced products is never a good thing.

The company store model I thought worked better when they had high visibility store fronts like when they were in Alderwood Mall. There they get a lot of kids walking by and going oh cool and selling lots of starter boxes. The current locations they have are just kinda meh for attracting new players.