X-Wing Wave 4 - Sh*t just got real...

They haven't revealed the dial but I think we can make some pretty solid guesses on it.

We know it has a white 1 bank, and a white 3 turn. It would be very odd to see a ship with a 1 bank but no 1 turn (especially a very maneuverable one), so I'm sure it'll have that. Though if the bank is white, the turn would be as well. If it has a white 3 turn, it will obviously have a 3 bank, but I doubt very much that would be green. My guess is all it's 2s are green, as well as green straight 3s and 4s. It may have a 5, but I don't think it would be green (that's A-Wing territory, yo). As for Ks, the E-Wing is described as being incredibly nimble so my money is on two of them. The only combo not yet seen is a 2 and something else, so that's what I'm going with. 2 and 4 (both obviously red) would be my guess. I don't think it'll have a maneuver as crazy as the defender, but I bet it'll have a wow factor on there and that fits the bill nicely.

Here's my prediction diagram (black font is white, revealed maneuvers are underlined):

5:      l

4:      l       U

3: < \ l / >

2: < \ l / >  U

1: < \   / >

The green 4 I waver on, but I'll be optimistic on it. I could see it going either way, but I really don't think it'll have a 1 straight (it'll be a crowded dial as-is). The green 4 may compensate for that but if it's white, no biggie.

So I ran Tarn Mison + R7 astromech in my list today, and he was everything I hoped he would be. As a low PS X-Wing pilot, most peeps ignored him unless they didn't have a shot at Chewie or the Y-Wing, so it nearly always went "they attack - I TL - they roll - I burn TL to force them to reroll all hits and focus - they roll worse - I evade what remains." Seriously, Tarn took minimal damage in each of the two games I played with him, and is solid enough with that comboI will probably pull Biggs from my standard list and put in Tarn + R7 instead.

Yeah I'm definitely excited about that combo too and will probably be trying it out next week. He and Hobbie with ol' Stressbot (I can't keep all those garbage cans straight).

I did try Jake Farrell out last night and absolutely loved him--even though I did eventually fly him onto an asteroid and he died swiftly with no actions to protect himself. I ran him with VI and PtL and he was amazing for 26 points.

Yeah I'm definitely excited about that combo too and will probably be trying it out next week. He and Hobbie with ol' Stressbot (I can't keep all those garbage cans straight).

Stressbot is fan-fricking-tastic in a Y-Wing with Ion Cannon - attack, stress them, then hope for an Ion, GG. Seriously, you're gonna see even *more* Ion-Turret Y's with this guy around.

Yeah but it only works in the firing arc still. It'll be brutal when it works, but avoiding a Y-wing's arc is relatively easy. And they don't get rid of stress too well. Not without saying "I'll be right over there, please don't focus fire on me."

I'd rather stick a stress on 'em and suffer no consequence, rather than go with the Y. That said, Dutch and Hobbie will be best buds.

Phantom is up (with a dial!): http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4795

It's pretty much what I expected...which is to say, really hard to hem in, but still a ship you want to duel with at Range 3 while flanking the hell out of the other guy...much like a fancy Interceptor. With 5 AG at Range 3, or behind asteroids, and a pretty solid dial, I think this little guy can be pretty slippery. Especially "Echo" who is like a super Lt. Lorrir from Imperial Aces...

echo.png

Check the possible movement diagram just for decloaking + barrel roll...that's pretty mindblowing!

echo-step-2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

DisruptiveConduct came over last night to show off his E-Wing prize from the release tournament last week, and it's pretty cool. He didn't fully abuse the Astromech + Systems upgrade combo, but it flies a lot like the love child of an X-Wing and a TIE Fighter. The dial was not as good as I expected it to be, but its aces are so ridiculously good it's no biggie...